UK Competition weekend..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Faith

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
So who's competing this weekend?

I think we have IwannabeMargo at the Alpha factor..Results here; http://www.alphafactorcompetitions.com
Flossy is it this weekend for your DD's voluntaries?

And we have the school games too with some names to watch out for; Louise Mcolgan, Teal Grindle, Catherine Lyons, Georgia-Mae Fenton..

Anyone else?

just making the pasties for lunch Faith, we run on pasty power down here. OH herd I was making them and the order went up by 3 as he and the boys will be off surfing whilst we are at the comp.

So who's competing this weekend?

I think we have IwannabeMargo at the Alpha factor..Results here; http://www.alphafactorcompetitions.com
Flossy is it this weekend for your DD's voluntaries?

And we have the school games too with some names to watch out for; Louise Mcolgan, Teal Grindle, Catherine Lyons, Georgia-Mae Fenton..

Anyone else?

I don't think there are any regional levels this week they are all next week or the week after but there are several pre level invitationals like the Alpha Factor in Wiltshire and the Sandra Clarke cup in Nottinghamshire.

The lovely Catherine Lyons won the school games in Sheffield today.

Good Luck to everyone who competes tomorrow.

Gearing up here for Autumn comp season, regional finals next weekend.

Then two team comps in October. Much excitement as new team leos on order....

good luck at Alpha Factor Iwannabemargot x

We have a team competing next weekend, but DD is not involved. All very exciting though....DD's group were assessed the other day for some kind of competition/grades (they were ticking skills off on a sheet). No idea what the outcome was yet and I've warned DD not to be too disappointed if she's not involved, but it's great to see that they plan to compete at least some from her group. The next session they were told they were practising for a competition, so perhaps they haven't decided yet as HC is currently away. Oh and new warm ups and Leo's....so they're all looking great too.

Older dd has her first competition in October and I am now about order her first set of warm ups and her first competition leotard, it's all very exciting. Good luck to all competing soon.

Our gym has some boys competing today, then next weekend some girls in the regional voluntary levels competition. Cant wait to go and watch with my dd who's first levels competition wont be till next year. Good luck everyone

The lovely Catherine Lyons won the school games in Sheffield today.

The videos are up. Have to say looking at the scores I though Catherine must have had an amazing comp- clean medal sweep. But she has a fall off beam, and two out of bounds on floor. Her Vault is much improved from the british though. Can't find Bars.

Disappointed not to see Georgia Mae or Teal- I'm sure they were in the England team start list? Does that mean Catherine was the only second year espoir?

Catherine has won vault and bars apparatus finals with beam and floor still to go.

Hope P+F is doing OK!

Georgia Mae was substituted a week or two ago and Teal more recently, so yes I think Catherine was the only second year espoir. She was head and shoulders above the others in stature, but also in experience and difficulty level in many cases. She's done what Ellie Downie did last year and swept up all six gold medals!

Our regionals are next weekend, then we have some regional team events coming up as well in Oct and Nov. They are going through the early selection process at the moment and HC's eyes are everywhere! DD is desperate to make level 4 team and has been working hard on her straight cast handstand, which was looking pretty good on Friday, so fingers crossed.

I'll be honest, I hate our newest team leo. I think it's a hot mess and looks as though it was designed by committee who all wanted their own favourite feature and all got their way. Of course I would never dream of telling dd that I think it's anything other than gorgeous and I'm sure I can angle the camera to hide the worst bits - maybe I can just get her feet...

Hope P & F had a good comp at Alpha Factor :)

I was chatting to someone from our old gym last week. They haven't entered them for any comps this autumn!

Considering these kids are on 18 hours a week, are all 9+10, and already competed the spring level 5 successfully with clean routines I think it's hugely disappointing for them. They're not elite track, just club level, and as the club don't do grades either they only get chance at the spring and autumn ....

Poor girls faith.

Well we are back, left at 7.30 this morning and got back at 10.30 this evening. Going to have a tired girlie tomorrow. Day went okay, girls just wern't competative, especially on beam and bars. They didn't have all o f the bonus skills and it showed. Pink and Fluffy did her best and as far as I an concerned she was fab but she is upset she didn't place better.

Tomorrow we shall look through the footage and see where she can improve.

Well done her!

That's pretty much the standard of our regional "novice" comps- there were a few girls I knew there.

If it helps the girls I know who did well train at least 16-20 hours a week. The ones who were middle pack do 12.

As much as DD and I loved our old club and it really suited her, I think they are far too disciplined with non-elite kids, and far too slow with progressing. It's supposed to be fun at that level! I can see why many leave by 11- high school, high hours and they can probably see they're working their butts off and still in novice, when they are very talented (a few of them I reckon could have done reasonably well at elite grades- definitely passed).

Well done to Pink & Fluffy. The standard at level 5 can be very high at these national invitationals. The presentation is often immaculate too and sometimes better than the level above.

I really wish BG would standardise level 5 / level 6 / level 7 / novice rules across the country. They vary far too much!

I really wish BG would standardise level 5 / level 6 / level 7 / novice rules across the country. They vary far too much!

I know it's supposed to be voluntaries but I'd also quite like the skills standardised across the levels. In level 5 here you had everything from kids competing backward roll for their "backwards" beam required element, to BWO-BHS. If you can compete a BWO-BHS on beam and RO-BHS-BLO on floor you should be at least level 4!

Yes I agree I think BWO BHS and layout on floor and giants on bars belong in level 4.

Well done Pink & Fluffy. That's a tough competition and I agree with the others that the lack of standardised skill at that level leads to a very uneven playing field.

It's great that her gym wants their girls to experience things like that and the Wiltshire open. It shows that they are proud of their achievements. I hope she's able to take lots of good things from it and not dwell on the placement. You always sound really proud of her and positive and she must pick up on that.

Lots of gyms don't give their girls enough competition exposure. Faith, I would be a very unhappy parent if my dd was training that much and wasn't getting to do a comp this autumn - what are they thinking?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back