Parents Unsure what to do and need some advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Update...

When my dd last did gymnastics she had a minor fall off the bars ( her own fault trying to do something she shouldn't), my dd complained of soreness so I told her coach what happened and the coach checked her out and gave her an ice pack and said she would come and see her after she had finished teaching. The coach came and asked how she was ( she was fine - nothing ice cream couldn't cure lol) and started telling me how well she is doing and how good she is at gymnastics and did I know that they did testing recently and she said that dd very very well in the testing and that they were testing to see where to group them as they are now grouping by ability and not age, we were taking about my dd's dancing and she said that dd moved very well on the beam. Dd did a cartwheel on the training wider beam ( not low beam) and only had a little support - not bad for first attempt ( another coach on a previous session told me that dd had done a forward roll on the high beam on her own. Dd's coach went on to say that she wouldn't be surprised if the head coach didn't pick her for development / pre team type classes.

This conversation was started by the coach, I didn't ask her anything except tell her how much dd loved gymnastics and that dd picked gymnastics over cheerleading after she told me the above , she told me that she thought that dd was too young for cheerleading. Maybe things might be changing for dd, the worst case scenario is that she stays in rec which I am happy with if they do get grouped by ability as I didn't think that one size fits all approach works and there will be some sort of progression.

It seems that that chance encounter has answered a lot my private questions that I never had the nerve to ask for fear of coming across as one of those parents, I am also happy in the knowledge that dd has been noticed as I thought that they haven't as she as been in rec for over a year ( different head coaches and restructuring has been going on in the past 10 months)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back