WAG Update on daughters forearms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stacy

Proud Parent
My daughter fell of high bar Monday night at practice.She landed on both forearms/elbows.Took her to er.Said no break in right forearm,but both bones in left forearm are broke.They set the bones in er,splinted it,and told us to see an ortho.We saw the ortho yesterday,and there actually is a small fracture in bone by right elbow,they splinted that,and also scheduled surgery for later that day to put metal rod in left forearm and reset bones again.Surgery went well but she can literally only watch tv the next few weeks.Nothing else.Ill have to help her with everything else.She cried a little in dr.office at first,but did great before and after surgery.Whew!

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry! Tell her if it makes her feel any better, my dad broke both his arms at the same time playing basket ball- in high school. And, yes he had to get his mom to help him with EVERYTHING. :eek:

get well soon and keep us posted!

I'm so sorry, I hope she recovers fast! I can't imagine not being able to do much for a few weeks.

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry! Tell her if it makes her feel any better, my dad broke both his arms at the same time playing basket ball- in high school. And, yes he had to get his mom to help him with EVERYTHING. :eek:

get well soon and keep us posted!
If she can go back to school,she's nervous about others helping out with the bathroom stuff.Ill have to tell her about your story to give her a little perspective.

We had a very similar experience. Both arms involved! It was a tough couple of weeks in the beginning but we made it through! It has been a long road to being better as my daughter had complications healing but she is almost there. She missed being in the gym so much that she was back for an hour or two if practice in just a few weeks!

If she can go back to school,she's nervous about others helping out with the bathroom stuff.Ill have to tell her about your story to give her a little perspective.
My daughter stayed home from school until she could handle the bathroom on her own. The school had a 'homebound' program where they sent a teacher with all her course work to our house a couple of times a week. She dictated her homework answers to me!

I am SO SORRY! I can tell you that you and she will be able to LOOK BACK on this eventually.

My DD broke the tibia and fibula in her left leg two years ago at practice. Surgery to insert Rod and pins. Got an infection!! Spent a year trying to treat it and one year after the surgery had to remove the hardware. In total it was a crappy 18 months. But she stuck with gymnastics all through that and just started the level 7 season she was supposed to have before the break. These girls are super tough and make it through. Tell her to do what she can as she heals and just keep here eye on her goals. She can do it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back