Parents Update on the Giant!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
I don't know if you all remember my dd's story. She has always struggled on bars. Competed l7 last year and our gym required a giant. She scratched the first few meets and then came up with a baby giant/bad form giant. Basically, she found a way to get herself around the bar, but developed BAD habits. She has worked since May to fix her giant and has been telling me how good they were. But she is always a "cup half full" kind of gymnast. Many times she will tell me how good something is and then I see it and..... still needs work. Anyway, tonight I saw her giants with my own eyes and they are now BEAUTIFUL!!

I am so proud of her!!!!

Ah giants...... for some it is the sore area of optional gymnastics.

I can totally sympathize with you about them. I swear my DD was never going to get them. Well I am here to tell you they do get them and eventually they look good. Just a word of been there done that .....don't worry when they leave again because they do leave and they do return...... LOL

Its been a long road giant wise for DD but they finally look good. Yours will too........

So congrats to your DD it a huge optional mile stone!!

Woohoo! Congrats to your dd! My dd recently "got" her giant but it lacks anything like consistency or decent shapes yet. Hoping that what gym monkeys mom says is true!

Thanks everyone and I will forward on the Giant Fairy to those who need her.

My daugher told me that she was worried that she would have to quit gymnastics because she would never get her giant! She is so proud of herself.

I never understand how things come so easy on some skills and so very hard on others. My dd can front tumble well. Fhs layout no problem. Competed it for L7. Some kids are struggling with that. Some get the giant almost instantly. This is such a crazy sport!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back