WAG US Olympic Committee Weighs in

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

USAG has had their head in the sand for a long time on this...and the USOC can't force them to do it, so I wouldn't hold my breath on Penny's departure. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if USAG came out with a statement "in support" of Steve Penny...he knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak...

Doesn't the USOC provide a lot of funding for USAG? I remember Kim Riley mentioning things they've provided to the ranch, national teams, etc. Maybe USAG will listen to the money?

Bookworm called it. A statement in support of Penny came out from the USAG board yesterday.

Bookworm called it. A statement in support of Penny came out from the USAG board yesterday.

Have you seen this? All I have seen is a reference to the "board supporting him" in an article. I would love to see what USAG said.

Have you seen this? All I have seen is a reference to the "board supporting him" in an article. I would love to see what USAG said.

I saw a specific statement on Facebook yesterday, of course I am not finding it now. It referenced the board including Mary Lou Retton supporting Penny and quoted a statement. I knew I should have copied it then.

I saw a specific statement on Facebook yesterday, of course I am not finding it now. It referenced the board including Mary Lou Retton supporting Penny and quoted a statement. I knew I should have copied it then.

Here is an article mentioning MLR's support of Penny:
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...sar-united-states-olympic-committee/98945354/

"On Wednesday, USA Gymnastics released a statement in support of Penny attributed to Mary Lou Retton, 1984 Olympic gold medalist and past USA Gymnastics board member; board chairman Paul Parilla; vice chairman/secretary Jay Binder; and treasurer Bitsy Kelley."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back