WAG Usa system

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xxStumpyxx

Proud Parent
I am interested in what the selection process for pre team or even late starters in the USA and also the JO levels is. I am wondering where my daughter would fit in if we are in the USA

Left and right splits (nearly there in box)
Pancake stretch flat
Decent pike fold
Pull ups in both grips to chest height
Long hang chin up pullover
Back hip circle
Squat on bars
Jump to high bar (new skill)
Standing back bend and return to stand
Various turns and leaps (split leap needs work)
Tic Toc
Back handspring with a spot
Forwards roll on beam
Cartwheel on beam is a work in progress
Handstand on beam is a work in progress
Stated work on upstart (kip) with a spot
Ready for Giants in strap bar according to her coach.
Fly Spring is a work in progress
Back walkover
Front walkover

At our gym she would be pre-team L3/working towards competing L3 right now. If she had this skill set in the summer when we do placements she would have been in the L3 competing group.
We don't do L2.

At my dd's gym she would be level 2 but uptraining to 3...once she could do ro bhs independently she might move up.

Pre-team/level 3/Xcel Bronze depending on the gym's program and her age. Although Silver doesn't require a back handspring, most gyms seem to require at least the isolated back handspring solo. So, maybe Silver, but they have to do a handstand on beam (could substitute, but it doesn't get much easier) and also vault on the table.

Sounds like a level 3 at the moment, given that our season is almost over and she'd have a full year to solidify some of the skills.

At our gym, she would be on the level 2 preteam. For Level 2 bars, she would need a mill circle.

In order to compete level 3, she would need her BHS, a fhc on beam, a shoot through and thst mill circle from level 2.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back