USAIGC Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey there! Sorry, I'm new to this site - so if I post this wrong... sorry!!
I'm about to compete silver USAIGC and I'm not the best at "flight" skills on the beam.. And I just got my backwalkover. Anyway.. I've seen so many silver beam routines with NO flight skills, but has a backwalkover. Are backwalkovers concidered flight? Because if they are that'd be SUPER helpful in my case. And does anyone have a list of flight skills I could choose from for my routine? Thank you so so much!:D

God Bless!
:beam:

Hmm..

My friends use round offs as their flight skills. I am unsure if the BWO counts as a flight skill, but maybe a connection if you do two? Sorry I will try to get the info for you. :)

Hi, I competed USAIGC Silver for 2 years! The only flight on beam in silver is a back hand spring, or a round off. However, if you have a nice back walk over, you can put it in, even though it wouldn't get credit as flight (thats a bronze skill, I think), but it would probably be better then having no acrobatic skill in the routine. I'm pretty sure that if you put no flight in a silver beam routine, you loose 0.4 right off the bat, although it may be .5 I'm not sure. My 1st season in silver I didn't have either, and I never scored a nine but I did get high 8's. My routine simply consisted of a turn, jumps, and a leap, with some dance and a dismount. However in my 2nd season I had my back hand spring and I scored nice nines. So it won't kill you not to have it, but it is a required flight element. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back