vault issues

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

taylor12097

Hey guys,
so i have been training a lot on vault but whenever i seem to start i have this mental block thing and then i don't reach out and i have to whip myself off the vault everytime. i have been trying to fix it but nothing is working!!! any advice?? Please help!!! :(

what vault are you doing?? maybe i can get suggestions from my coach.

This may sound a bit weird but if you are doing a front hand spring vault, stop thinking so much. Try not to think about where you are reaching. The main things that get you off of the table are speed and form.
If you have a good run and hurdle, try to hit the springboard with your arms low. Bring your arms to your ears while squeezing everything you have.
Assuming you body position on the board is anywhere near correct, you'll bounce over the table. Your hand will hit somewhere between the front and the back of the table. Exactly where really isn't too important for a front handspring. Your find that if your hands hit near the front of the table (and your entry angle, speed shape... are all correct), you will get more height and rotation. The further back on the table you hit you get more distance.

I know this is a bit over simplified but we already have a lot of threads on vaulting :)

i am just doing a front handspring vault. I also like coach todds advice on to stop thinking so much!!

thanks a bunch for that advice coachtodd. i will stop thinging so much and come into the vault with my arms low before my drop swing. I will see how that works on monday. i will let you know if i need anymore help. thanks again.

Have someone check your body position when you hit the beat board. Hearing you whip over tends to make me believe your shoulders are forward of your hips as hurdle on. This is also a confidence thing too. CTs advice will then stand you in good stead.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back