WAG Washing Wristbands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CAGymmie

Gymnast
I finally took my grip bag home to wash my wristbands. They stink way more than I would like to admit!;)Does anyone have any tips on how to wash them? Do I just throw them in with a load of laundry?
Thanks!

My mom just threw them in a delicates bag in the washing machine and hung them to dry I believe ;) Mine are blue so my mom washed them on cold. Hope this helps!

I just hand washed Dd wristbands and let them dry on the windowsill. I put a drop of detergent on the wristbands, scrubbed and dried them while they were inside out. They took about two days to dry so she needed to use her spare pair. Good luck!

Nooo don't do it! It makes them all soft and then they move around when you are on the bars! Worst thing ever!
My ds has not experienced this. His were so stiff and nasty before washing that I don't see how he got them on. They were totally fine for use after washing. Honestly, if they fit well and the grips are properly tightened around them, I don't see how they'd move.

What is your alternative, that the gymnast wears dirty, extremely unpleasant smelling wristbands? As well, a Mom here knows of a child who got a pretty severe infection from dirty wristbands.

Forgot to answer the initial question. I put them in a lingerie bag and washed on warm and put them in the dryer.

Mine are at the point where the crustyness kind of hurts. :eek:They are all scratchy and uncomfortable. I figured that is a sign that they need to be washed. Thanks for all the advice so far!

Nooo don't do it! It makes them all soft and then they move around when you are on the bars! Worst thing ever!

My daughter agrees with this. I used to wash her wrist bands when she was in the lower levels. But since she was Level 9, she has asked me nor to wash it for the reason you stated. Her rips at Level 9 and 10 are mostly on her wrists. I also bought her new ones but she prefers to wear the old ones. What is the alternative to washing in dryer, by hand etc.?

You really have to wash them, or get new ones! Gymnasts get rips and other wounds. Wristbands full of bacteria (bugs love sweat) rubbing against exposed wounds puts the gymnast at risk of septicaemia. I handwash DS's with a drop of handwashing liquid and hang to dry. No complaints of being too soft or too hard.

I put my girls ones in the washing machine and thn tumbled dried them, they were white tennis wrist bands, not completely happy with the way they turne out.

Might be time for new ones ....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back