Parents Weak arms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Busymum

Proud Parent
Hi all - this is a repeat from another forum as am unsure which is best for it ... Sorry if that's not allowed?

My little lady has been in our gyms development group for about 4 months now but they only practise one hour a week at the moment. This is due to go up to 3 hours later in the year.

Today her coach mentioned that we need to build strength in her arms -- I can see why as she has such noodle like arms and needs a bit of a boost to do chin ups. I'm not too worried as many of the girls still need some support with these. She's coming on great with beam and floor skills.

Anyhow, how can I help her develop arm strength needed for bars? Is it possible when she's only in one hour per week? Will it come with hour increase eventually??

What do you think?

DD has struggled with arm strength. She's doing the arm-azing challenge at the moment and has said she can feel a difference! I have no idea what's involved, but Google might be able to help!

Also, a chin up bar is good.

Dd is the same. We have a chin up bar and she does handstands all the time at home. But honestly I didn't really see improvement until her hours increased at the gym. She went from 6 hours/wk to 12 this summer and I've seen a HUGE improvement in her upper body strength.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back