Parents what are A skills and B skills etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

smidgie

Proud Parent
This is my dd's first yr as an optional. I read that she needs so many a and b skills. What are the skills? For instance, is a cast flyaway a B skill?

Sorry re-read the original post and realised I answered wrong! Can someone delete please? Thanks!

This is my dd's first yr as an optional. I read that she needs so many a and b skills. What are the skills? For instance, is a cast flyaway a B skill?
A flyaway is an A skill. To get it to a B you have to twist at least 180 degrees.

In order to find out the category of the skill (A, B, C, D or E) you need to JO Code of Points. This is really not a resource for parents; the determination of what skills go in routines and thier appropriate "value" is a discussion for the coach and athlete to have. Truely, the parent has no role in this.

You are right in that the decisions about what to put in routines belongs completely to the coach and the gymnast but there is nothing wrong in knowing the skills, their names, and possible deductions. Some of us just like to know these things. I stay out of the routine building completely but DD and I both have fun looking at all of the crazy things that can be done.

I know the coach will decide what goes into the routine. I was just curious about what some of the different higher level skills are.

I have to agree htimcj, as Pea starts optionals it seems like a big jigsaw puzzle, and I love a good puzzle! I would NEVER dream of getting involved with routines, but I tend to over research everything just to know what's going on (my crazy is not limited to gymnastics ;)) Might have to get my hands on this code of points...

I think you can buy an App for ipad with the JO code of points. I like all these details too, no choreography for me either tho just curiosity.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back