WAG What do you eat before you go to gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a level seven and I am at the gym at least 14-17 hours a week. I really need to eat something that is not to heavy or to light sometimes i don't eat at all befor I go. And we have a break that can be as short as five min. And as long as ten so its not like I have time eat dinner and then have time to digest it!
ANY IDEAS ARE GREAT!!!!!thanks soo much!

My daughter is only a level 4 and she trains 12 hours a week. Her favorite snack in between school and gym is fruit and a protein bar. She always asks for bananas, apples, oranges and ocassionally she will eat grapes. She usually eats the fruit on the bus ride from school to gym and the protien bar at the small 5 minute break they get half way through practice (which is 3 hours long).

My 8yo DD goes straight from school to gym (she's only a level 3), and she has been requesting green smoothies with some oats, kale or spinach, fruits (whatever we have on hand, usually banana, apples a handful of grapes and frozen pineapple or an orange) and Greek yogurt to have in the car on the way there-- she says it helps her not to feel hungry but gives her plenty of energy in the gym (she eats like a full grown man-- easily out eating my husband at every meal)-- she still eats like a horse when we get home, but she isn't "hungry crabby" coming out of the gym

If something doesn't make sense, I blame autocorrect.

My daughter has a second lunch. This consists of 50g of meat (bbq chicken or beef rissoles), 50g carbohydrates (corn pasta, rice vermicelli, corn tortillas) and salad. Also a chocolate milk, and a glucose tablet. Sometimes also a serving of fruit.

My 8yo DD goes straight from school to gym (she's only a level 3), and she has been requesting green smoothies with some oats, kale or spinach, fruits (whatever we have on hand, usually banana, apples a handful of grapes and frozen pineapple or an orange) and Greek yogurt to have in the car on the way there-- she says it helps her not to feel hungry but gives her plenty of energy in the gym (she eats like a full grown man-- easily out eating my husband at every meal)-- she still eats like a horse when we get home, but she isn't "hungry crabby" coming out of the gym

I loved this my practices are three and a half hours long and in the summer four hours I will have to try this 2morrow night and Saturday morning!:) do you know can you make these ahead and freeze them them thaw them in the microwave? Thank you!!!!!

I loved this my practices are three and a half hours long and in the summer four hours I will have to try this 2morrow night and Saturday morning!:) do you know can you make these ahead and freeze them them thaw them in the microwave? Thank you!!!!!

They do thicken up when in the fridge (if coming from the fridge we tend to re-blend with a tiny bit of liquid like a few grapes to make it really sipable through a straw again-- hubby and I drink them in the mornings and sometimes we make too much lol)-- not sue how they would freeze but I imagine its possible (would probably freeze to more of an ice cream consistency) :). I would think too, if I was sending it in her backpack for school to be had after I could probably freeze it and let it thaw through the day, but not entirely sure :)

(We use a vitamix though, so it literally takes about 3 min to make them fresh)

We do a morning one too with oats, bananas, an apple, greek yogurt, cinnamon and flax seed-- that one is good warm or cold :)

Thank you I will try it ur so helpful thx!

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I find eating before training really difficult as I feel really sick training if there's anything in my stomach other than water or sports drink - very rare for me to have any sports drink - only when I am going through an energy slump and even then I'd rather just put a bit of cordial in my water to help with an energy boost. Back to the original question. I don't normally eat for an hour before training if I can avoid it. Normally I have a decent lunch of pasta or something like that (I'm no longer at school so this is easy for me to do) and then about an hour and a half before training I normally have a glass of milk, some nuts and maybe some fruit depending on what we have. Unfortunately on Saturday I work before I train so I have no choice but to eat a decent meal or I go without a meal from 7:30 - 4:30 (not fun, accidentally did it last week) and I'll normally have pasta or something like that.

you got me...you just "put a bit of cordial" in you water? what's a cordial? like elderflower? :)

Cordial is squash in the uk. You don't really have it in the US. It's concentrated liquid fruit drink you mix with water.

I usually have 2 snacks for my dd, she can choose which one she eats going to the gym and the other for at the gym. A lot depends on when she has lunch (it changes everyday. One day she has it at like 10:30 in the morning and the next day she has it at 1pm). I usually pack a nutella and peanut butter sandwich on wheat and then I also pack grapes and sometime cheese to go with the grapes. I will sometimes just pack grilled chicken with cheese, or a couple pieces of lunchmeat with cheese. She also likes tuna fish with pasta. Never anything huge, just something to hold her over.

During gym low fat protein + fruit is my favorite. I like a cheese string, 100% grape juice and sometimes an apple if I'm starving. Water of course too

I have a really grouchy and moody digestive tract (grrr...) so I usually have some bread to "stabilize" it and then an apple along with a few mouthfuls of water. Keeps me going for a few hours until break and doesn't slosh around. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back