Parents What gymmies do....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
I swear, we cannot watch tv without "mama, watch me!" And feet flying through the air. Tonight, we're watching Elf, through this:
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1415577806.831866.jpg

Thanks, she has been working really hard on consistently hitting vertical, and working on her press handstand...so she's basically always upside down here lately!

If I recall correctly, our DD's are close in age. Mine will be 8 on Friday and competed level 3 last season as a 6 year old. She could never quite get vertical either so she has been working really hard at them too (the only difference with our picture is that our floor beam is pink ). She is finally really consistent with her press handstands and is now working on getting 2 in a row consistently. So I can totally relate to the whole upside down thing!

I LOVE hearing about the these little gymmies and being able to cheer them on through the posts on this wonderful site!

Yep, my dd turned 7 in August, she's repeating level 3 this year. Last year was pretty rough! She fractured her foot them had mono!! She desperately wants to do TOPS testing, thus, her obsession with press handstands at the moment.

Mine would have repeated 3 this year had it not been for a gym change due to a cross country move. New gym is really competitive and because we showed up so close to the start of comp season they were not comfortable having her compete level 3 (not knowing her they just weren't sure if they would have enough time to make sure she was up to their program standards before the first meet). So she is training 3 this season without competing and will most likely compete 3 next season. Actually worked out well for us because things were so hectic after our move I'm not sure I could have handled meet season :)

Sounds like you have a little trooper there! LOVE her fortitude!!!

That is about right. From my experience, the young ladies with this kind of internal motivation are the ones that do really well in the sport. Glad your DD found her "thing" and good luck to her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back