What is that stuff they use in stick it to prevent wedgeys?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymchick14

" How do they keep the leotards from going up their buts?"
"_______"
I forgot!!!!!!! and I need the stuff!!

Just a guess ... but on TV it is probably that marvellous thing called "take 2". :D
For the regular gymnast, I'd stick with matching lycra knickers. And make sure the leotard is a good fit in the first place. If it's a little too big the elastic around the legs won't be as firm as it should.
Although hairspray might be worth a shot? (that's what they supposedly use for the swimsuit section in beauty pageants).
I'd certainly be avoiding double sided tape (supposedly used by celebrities wearing scarily low-cut outfits) - ouch!! and not a good look if revealed.

"How do they keep the leotards from riding up their butts?"
"Tough skin."
"AWW! They've got calluses?!"
"No, it's just this sticky stuff they spray on to keep their leotards from riding up."
"Woah woah woah. Can I get that job? I wanna be tough skin!"
"Wait. What would happen if you sprayed that tough skin stuff, on tough skin?"
"Your head would stick to your butt."
"Why would my head stick to my butt?"
"Because it's already up there! Ahhh!"
"Don't worry Frank. My head's up my butt too. Far."

I'm proud to say that I just typed all this from memory :)

As for buying the stuff though, I know tough skin does actually exist, but you can get stuff from ten-o.com that's called sticky buns that does the same thing.

My DD has a teamate who had something she applied to her "cheeks" to keep her leo from riding up during competition. I think it was called Butt Glue...seriously! Not sure if it really worked or not. My DD uses hairspray. I'll be glad when her new competition leo gets here, because her current one is getting wedge-happy:eek:.

Actually it is called Butt Glue and you can get it at a specialty undergarment store.

gotta be careful with stuff like "butt glue"........it can ruin the finish on some leotard materials (like taking the pile off the velvet and ruining the color on foil materials)

I find the product description on ten-o funny myself~

Gymnasts the world over are plagued by wedgies. Happening at meets everywhere is the dilemma of wheather to take the deduction. Sticky Buns liquid adhesive and sticky strap adhesive tape help to solve this problem. The kit contains a 0.5oz jar of adhesive with its own brush, 20 tape pieces and 20 alcohol prep pads (skin does need to be clean and with no oils on surface). All is packed into a plastic pouch to throw in your gym bag.

sb42 sticky buns kit

I find the product description on ten-o funny myself~

Gymnasts the world over are plagued by wedgies. Happening at meets everywhere is the dilemma of wheather to take the deduction. Sticky Buns liquid adhesive and sticky strap adhesive tape help to solve this problem. The kit contains a 0.5oz jar of adhesive with its own brush, 20 tape pieces and 20 alcohol prep pads (skin does need to be clean and with no oils on surface). All is packed into a plastic pouch to throw in your gym bag.

sb42 sticky buns kit

Haha! I love that! That is so funny!:p

butt glue

My daughter uses the Butt Glue and yes, it works. I get hers from a web site called thequeenschoice.com its about $12.00 a can but one can lasts forever.

i compete in acrobatics and the best thing for your leos is just a normal glue stick. Seriously, Uhu glue is the best!! :)
you just put it on before you compete, let it dry a bit and Voila!! no wedgies!! :) best of all, it wont cost you a fortune!!
oh and it doesnt wreck your leos!!
hope you fix your wedgie problem

Last edited by a moderator:
" How do they keep the leotards from going up their buts?"
"_______"
I forgot!!!!!!! and I need the stuff!!

welll i think its callled butt glue its kinda like hair spray but i forgot what the real stuff is called!!!!

I use this stuff called "Tuf-Skin". It works good! I either got it from Ten.0. or for DGS Gym Supply. I don't really remember....but i got it online last year for meets.

i use "fasion tape" it basicaly holds clothes eg my leotarrd its pretty cheep and i got it from my local drugstore. it works pretty well apecialy if you have sensitive skin ( i find the glue stuf makes my skin sore)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back