WAG What is the hardest thing from L7 to L8?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flaviatumbles

What is the hardest part about in the USAG System from L7 to L8?

I am talking about average L8, nothing like double back dismount on bars or so.

I guess, the main differneces are the pirouette or bar change on bars, the added front salto and full twist on floor, acro series on beam and of course vault!

What is the hardest or the thing that takes the most time for girls usually or what is/was the hardest for your daughter or you?

I think it is flipping that vault. That was the last piece that my daughter needed until she had a regression on bars and lost a couple of skills that she previously had. She's been okay with twisting for awhile and has had her series on beam for almost a year. But she's never really had her tsuk on a solid surface.

Thanks for all your input! Where I live, I luckily don't need a flipping vault or acro series on beam in the next level I want to move up to!

I am training a hiccup on bars and it seems that I would get it in time!

But I need a back twisting layout! I habe never tried that before, I feel I would totally lose control in the air.
A lot of people told it me it is not so hard and I can easily get it with some technique training!
My coach said we will start tomorrow training for it. My layouts are pretty good and straight!

Do you think I could make it until January if I train 5 days a week??

For my dd who competed in the us as a level 8 last January, it was the turn on bars. But at that time our levels were different. Ontario has since changed to be exactly the same as JO and I see bars being a struggle for a lot of people.

I think a flipping vault based on the # of FHS vaults I still saw at level 8 last year - even from some girls on our own team that I figured for sure would have a tsuk or yurchenko.

Our gym says that vault is the biggest jump for level 8, but for my oldest DD, the pirouette on bars was by far her biggest challenge. I think it really depends on the kid.

Yep, what Still Hanging said.
While I think it does depend somewhat on the gymnast, most have troubles with the 2 above skills, and in that order. And yep, at L8 you start to hold your breath watching every event, not just beam.
And vault is much scarier to watch!

Teammates of mine have always struggled with vault when moving to level (I on the other hand could tsuke into the pit before I competed old 6). I though the half pirouette on bars was the most difficult. Probably because I didn't get a kip cast handstand until 2 years after I competed level 8. The acro series on beam and beam dismount also gave me a bit of trouble.

Teammates of mine have always struggled with vault when moving to level (I on the other hand could tsuke into the pit before I competed old 6). I though the half pirouette on bars was the most difficult. Probably because I didn't get a kip cast handstand until 2 years after I competed level 8. The acro series on beam and beam dismount also gave me a bit of trouble.

Thanks for your input and wow for your tsuk at that Level!!
So no trouble with that full? Serms
like this is the easiest part of all...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back