What is your (or you DD's) favourite apparatus to begin a meet on?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Just thought this would be an interesting thread with the current rotation of bars beam floor vault (or variation of, i.e start from a different apparatus e.g. floor vault bars beam) what do you like to start on?

What is your ideal rotation if you could change the order?

I like to start on bars

Ideal rotation: Bars, Vault,Beam, Floor

I do not like to start or end on beam. An ideal rotation for me is olympic order; vault, bars, beam, floor. If I could change the order I would probably like vault, beam, bars, floor.

Bars, beam, floor, vault

She needs all her upper body strength to really get her connections perfect. She nails vault so it is a nice way to end the meet.

I like starting on bars because it's my worst event so I can get it over with! :D and then beam is next so I can be done with that too! and then my best events are last, so some of the pressure is off.. :rolleyes:

Don't know what DD's favorite is but Beam is not it. she likes beam to be 2nd or 3rd not first or last. Don't know why. If beam is 2nd she always does well on beam otherwise you never know what your going to get.

If I had to guess her favorite rotation it would be
Bars, beam, floor, vault

I don't like to start on beam or bars because I don't like to end on bars or vault since they are short events and not always great ways to end meets. I guess vault would be my favorite event to start on. If I could change the order it would probably be beam, vault, bars, floor

My favorite event to start in is Floor. If I could change the rotation I'd do Floor, Beam, Vault, Bars.
Floor first because of the adrenaline and the energy needed.
Beam to get it over with.
Then vault and bars because those are easier for me.

Beetle's favorite is Olympic Order. If that isnt possible she would like to Start on Bars.

She hates to start or end on beam. One season she started on beam 8 out of 10 meets.

DD must not be normal. She loves to start on beam. She likes to get it out of the way. She also says if its the last event she feels tired by the time they get to beam.

I like to go Bars, Beam, Floor, Vault. I am need all my strength to be able to get through a bar routine, and I like to just get bars and beam out of the way! But, I don't like to do beam first or last either.

Beth actually likes to start on Beam--she says she gets it out of the way first and finishes on bars--which has been her best event.
(personally I like to see her start on bars--get a nice score to give you confidence with the rest of the meet!)

We were just talking about this yesterday as she had her first L6 meet of the season. She really likes bars but has done her best on vault--go figure especially since she use to hate vault LOL. The event she likes the least is beam, floor is ok with her :). That being said I guess she would say: vault, bars, beam then floor.

Bars, Floor, Vault, Beam.

Bars first because I need all my strength and energy there, floor next to burn off the excess energy. Vault third because it's easy, and short. Beam last because it's my best event, I'm not nervous at the end of a meet, and it's an awesome show ender!

I think Olympic order is ideal.

Starting on vault is good because if you are nervous getting to run full out helps. Vault is also the best apparatus to hide your nerves.

Then bars - which often makes girls a little more nervous than vault but again a good one to do if you are shaking a bit with nerves.

Then beam - after two apparatus are down you are less likely to be shaky and nervous and this is most important for beam.

And last floor - when its nearly all over and the gymnast can relax and really show their personality.

Last year as a level 5 daughter did her best meets when she started on beam and ended on bars. Beam was usually her highest score so I quess that just gave her a lot of confidence and she also did really well on bars. Floor was her worst so when it was her last event she usually did not do as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back