what level do you start competing at?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im 13 and im in level 3!
are you shocked?
well I am. Im not going to compete because its to embarrassing i'll be the oldest level 3 gymnast there. So anyway just out of curiosity what level do you start competing in?

Thanks

Country Gymnast

Every team is different. We had a driving age kid at L4 last year and she didn't seem too embarrassed to be a big sister.

Assuming you're in the US, if you are unhappy at level 3, either find another gym, or get a coach to do private lessons until you are at a level you are comfortable with and petition to compete at that level.

You need a gym that will do that, though, and that's sometimes difficult to find.

Well at my club, in Ontario, Canada our kids start competing at level 2 and 3, there's only a small difference in levels between here and the US. Don't be embarrassed, we have a whole group of level 3's who are your age and competing at my club, and I'm 18 and still competing level 5.
You're 13, that's definitely not too old for level 3, just go out and have fun. You should be competing against other kids your age anyways, they will probably put you in a 12-13 category depending on the competition.

Pickle has a 12 yo L4 on her team. She's the oldest girl on the team, but has taken a definite leadership role. Her coach sometimes puts her in charge of stretching and other activities.

This girl really does is working hard to move up quickly. She does a lot of privates and is very focused at the gym. I think it's partly because she loves gymnastics but also partly that she'd like to catch up to kids her own age.

If you want to compete, you should go for it. At the end of the day, what difference is it going to make that you are a little older than some of the other girls. Competitions can be really fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back