What was/is that one skill that came easily to you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What event was the skill on

• Total voters

SweetSecrets15

Coach
Gymnast
You know, that skill that you thought would be "hard". Could be something simple now that was major before or something really hard now. Just curious.

For me, it was my flyaway. I went from pit bar to actual bar in two weeks with very little spot. I didn't even do timers for it (haha I was scared to xP) so I just went for it when I was supposed to do a timer.

Also just for kicks, please vote what event it was on.

Layout twists on floor. I had my layout and thought twisting would be so hard landed on butt first time but 2nd was fine!

Nothing has ever come easy for me. I suppose I could say any time of vaulting, free hips, and giants though because once I could do them they were amazing.

I'm so jealous of you! I can't back twist more than a half to save my life! I go way too early and I'm yet to find a way to fix it after like 3/4 years. Congrats to you though. :)

I got flyaway very quickly- just chucked it after doing some timers. Giants in the straps were very easy for me to, I was just swinging and around I went. Any beam dismounts come fairly quickly too- I can't cartwheel or roundoff on beam but if I connect a back tuck to it I can!

A lot of skills came relatively easy when I was younger and not afraid. Bars mainly as we spent a lot of our free time on the playground doing very stupid and very dangerous things.
Now they generally don't.

I started gymnastics at 12 but I taught myself a few things before I joined. The craziest thing I taught myself was a back layout on trampoline before I even started gymnastics (I was crazy!). But the other easy thing was a Kip-- I got mine within a month of starting gymnastics... so when I coach kips are actually kind of hard for me to teach because I don't remember struggling with it that much.

I thought doing a half twist would be hard but i taught my self to do it one day and now its so easy lol also tuck jumps came really easy for me

Probably most floor skills and a lot of my beam but I can't twist to save my life which is a problem if I'm doing 8 this year

Either double backs on floor or giant full on bars. They were those skills that one day you're just like ok I'm just going to do this.

Punch front anything came easily too- I never did drills for front tucks & ended up getting punch front tuck, punch front pike & punch front layout all in the same day.

Handspring tuck came after a visiting coach saw my FHS and assumed I could FHS FT. I could my first try.

Back tumbling is another story! RO BHS BT and even RO BHS took me AGES to get.

I got my flyaway within a week of trying it for the first time with a spot, also, I had only done a roundoff bhs back tuck a few times with a spot and a couple times on the tumble track when I got it, but I think my roundoff bhs back layout was easiest surprisingly for me, the first time I tried, I basically did it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back