Parents What Would You Do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you all for your input.
I have spoken extensively with my daughter and she knows that what happened wasn't her fault or mine. We are a healthy and nutrition-conscious family.
Of all kids, she is the least likely to bring anything with preservatives, or junk. I make the notoriety of our food homemade and with as much punch for an athlete as possible.
Now it is a matter of what the next step is, as it's not a simple transition.
Ah, I forgot to mention, I had two silk almond milks in her bag as well.

Of all the things to happen, this was the least expected.

Thank you again.

Thank you all for your input.
I have spoken extensively with my daughter and she knows that what happened wasn't her fault or mine. We are a healthy and nutrition-conscious family.
Of all kids, she is the least likely to bring anything with preservatives, or junk. I make the notoriety of our food homemade and with as much punch for an athlete as possible.
Now it is a matter of what the next step is, as it's not a simple transition.
Ah, I forgot to mention, I had two silk almond milks in her bag as well.

Of all the things to happen, this was the least expected.

Thank you again.

If the coach saw all that, the good stuff, that lends me to believe that she didn't really care "what" the food was, but was posturing for intimidation.
Possibly even worse than "worried about what she's eating".

I would report this incident to USA Gymnastics. This person has no business coaching children. Please get DD away. You do not want her dealing with the absolute misery of an eating disorder. It is just a sport that will end in a few short years.

I pack WAAAY more than that for my daughters. They are at a Gymnastics Academy doing school and gym from 8-5:30 Monday through Friday. I pack a sandwich, bagel or steel cut oats for lunch, 2-3 types of fruit, a baggie full of cut veggies (usually 3 types--cucumbers, peppers, carrots, celery, snap peas), whole wheat crackers or rice crackers, pretzels, fruit leather, yogurt, applesauce, seaweed. Usually a "treat" such as a granola bar or kids protein bar, and a fruit snack. My kids are HEALTHY, STRONG, not overweight AT ALL--they burn calories ALL DAY. I think what that coach did was COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE!! My only suggestion on the lunch you pack would be more raw fruit/veggies and only one protein bar (lots of calories that could be replaced from raw foods). Good luck in this. I would hate to have to confront the coach on this one, but I would encourage you to do so.

Reactions: sce
this makes me mad, they need calories, they need them to keep their metabolism going properly and to grow. At an all dayer mine would leave home with a full breakfast in her ( so toast, poached eggs and porridge, or a full English Fry Up if dad is cooking) she would then have a box with pasta salad, fruit, crackers, CAKE - yes I said it CAKE (home made) and then she will have a full meal when she gets back - maybe up to 3,000 calories in total. And she packs 11% body fat !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back