WAG When the butt glue won't arrive on time...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
...what can be used instead?
Disclaimer, it's not for us, it's a friend from out of town. Meet is this weekend.

I've heard gymnasts have some success with Tuff Skin type products- spray adhesives designed to be used as a base for athletic tape- http://www.ithacasports.com/tuskbycr.html I don't know how easy to find it would be in a pinch, though.
Hairspray can help a little, get a really sticky brand.
I think it was on here that someone was raving about toupee tape they picked up at a beauty supply store.

If you're really in a pinch, a kids craft glue stick will do the job. Just test it on a small area of the leo first to make sure it won't stain.

glad you found some good alternatives but I have to ask does everyone use this stuff? DD has never had a problem with her leo staying in place.

glad you found some good alternatives but I have to ask does everyone use this stuff? DD has never had a problem with her leo staying in place.

We never had a problem until we switched from GK to another brand for our comp leos. I'm not even sure what brand we have now. What I do know is that wedgies are now a regular thing.

We've not had a comp leo that stayed in place. It's been a problem every year.

DD didn't use it for gym either, but recently started using it for dance. Many of her gym teammates used hairspray. The girls were forbidden from pulling on their Leo's when they'd hit the corner on floor, so many tried to keep them glued down to resist the urge to tug.

My dd never used it, and none of her teammates, or any gymnasts that I know of (from her gym). Is it really necessary? I tell you, underwear that doesn't show is very good for keeping leos in place. 3 girls in gym and they always wore underwear.

My dd never used it, and none of her teammates, or any gymnasts that I know of (from her gym). Is it really necessary? I tell you, underwear that doesn't show is very good for keeping leos in place. 3 girls in gym and they always wore underwear.
There are a lot of variables. I think it depends a lot on the cut of the leo and the build of the gymnast. Some leos are absolutely terrible for riding up in unfortunate ways. I had one comp leo from a manufacturer in the UK (The Zone) that was borderline obscene on anyone with any kind of butt. I managed without butt glue, but it probably would have been helpful! In GK leos I was fine with just GK briefs underneath, no butt glue needed.
None of my current girls use anything, but they are all small. Our high schoolers use some type of spray, not sure if it's because the leos actually ride up more on them or that they are just more self conscious about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back