MAG Where do you find pants for you sons

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Sce, I do think that these kids just have no fat on them, and taut muscles. I was the same way as a kid though, wearing far below my age, so partly it could be genetic (although now I am about average (chubby), but petite in length for pants).

Sce, I do think that these kids just have no fat on them, and taut muscles. I was the same way as a kid though, wearing far below my age, so partly it could be genetic (although now I am about average (chubby), but petite in length for pants).
I was very small as a child as well, but did not find the same trouble with the waist for length issues I keep running into now, with both my kids. I do see a lot of kids that are less active than a generation ago, and I wonder of it effects clothing sizes etc.

It absolutely does. Even the slim pants don't have a proper fit, imo.

I believe the brand Arizona makes a slim cut, flat front chino that is actually slim.
Most slim cuts are like a regular cut 10 yrs ago. It's really hard to find a true slim.

I've had success with Children's Place skinny jean in slim, but not as much with their chinos. The skinny jean is tight through the leg, but is a regular size in the waist and seat. You need the slim cut.
A couple years ago, I was at WalMart, looking for jeans for both my gymmies... Found 10 regular and 10 slim in the same style... THEY WERE EXACTLY THE SAME WAIST and all other measurements too. I checked EVERY pair on the shelf after that! The only difference was the size tag (... maybe THAT was the slim part, I didn't hold THEM up to each other, lol). I did the same thing in the boys department. I hate false advertising!

I am "lucky" now... OG can only wear Old Navy, Size 2 RockStar Jeans. A 0 is too short and any other fit is way too loose. She can also wear yoga pants (not an option for boys)... Of course, she prefers fuzzy pj pants - and she likes those baggy :)
But YG can wear Size 7 skinny jeans - Size 12 Slim Skinny jeans (Old Navy and a few others... the 7s and 8s are only acceptable if she is wearing boots). She also loves her leggings and jeggings and pj pants, so it is easier to shop now.

Sizing drives me bananas. ALL of my children wear slim sizes and NONE of them should be. Not one of my kids is 'skinny'. Fit, yes. Short,yes. My daughter is 49 inches and 51 lbs and I have to buy her size 5 shorts at old navy and she is almost 9! My son actually is in the 80% for his weight (again, very muscle-y) and still wears 'slim.'
This is telling me that the sizes are definitely trending towards less healthy (fit) children.
On a side note...it's crazy to me how my oldest wears a 10 slim in Gap jeans and yet we go to Abercrombie kids and the 12 regulars are TIGHT! LOL

DS is also a 6 slim in jeans (with the waist adjusted way in). He can wear size 3T and 4T shorts, and I just got rid of his 3T swimming trunks.

We finally ( after dragging my very unimpressed DS into several stores) found that Oshkosh strait slims fit with enough growing room I should not have to cross this bridge again for at least a year.

Reactions: sce
DS is also a 6 slim in jeans (with the waist adjusted way in). He can wear size 3T and 4T shorts, and I just got rid of his 3T swimming trunks.
lol, the only reason that 10 year old YG doesn't wear her size 2T swimsuit anymore is that the dog accidentally put a hole in the tying part. She does still wear her 4T and 5T suits as well as 6/6X and 7/8 (if the bottoms aren't too big).
Her shorts range from 4T to 10/12 (but the 10/12 are too baggy for her liking)... and GK Adult X-Small or Small.
I finally got her to give up her RocaWear size 12-18 months jean shorts a few years ago... She was calling them her "Gettaman" (read: Get - A - Man, only fast) shorts, so it was time for them to go!

Reactions: COz

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back