Which type do I choose?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
My gym only offers a girls artistic and boys gymnastics. I've always known about trampoline, double mini, tumbling, rythemic and acro. They all look soooo fun, I'm a level 9, so pretty far in artistic for a 13 year old. I want to try another kind of gymnastics, but I still want to do artistic. I can do both, but I'd be so jam-packed busy and I'd have to find a new gym, but I like my gym and it's really close.
I'm so confused. Any advice?

That is a tuff one.

1. Talent.... if you got it..... are your reasons for wanting to switch the right ones? Have seen talented kids who do not run into "struggle" in order to accomplish things very often.... therefore they do not have as much knowledge/skill in how to.... over come the struggle of a particular skill or ruff routine...

Over and over again I have seen that when it comes time to put forth extra effort; the talented, all the sudden they are asking Mom if they can switch sports... it's easier to switch than to overcome. less talented kids struggle more often (their more use to it) and they dont switch as much. This is NOT good behavior cause then this talent is never really capitalized on cause they dont learn the skill of "over coming struggle/strife". Soooo is that where you are at??? is it a struggle now? Could that be why you are realllly getting the itch to move? Think deep on that.

If that is not your motive then let your coaches know... you LOVE gymnastics and your wise enough to see that ALL of the Gymnastic sports are amazing; with not one more special than the other..... cause of that I would like to explore some of the other ones as well.

Just to test the waters on there mind sets.

Test the water too on... since you dont have blank type of gymnastics here.... would you be ok with my training in an other type(s) at another gym while I still continue my Artistic here with the coaches I love. You might be surprised.. they may not care under those circumstances. TnT could only help Artistic. Acro too.. especially Beam and FX.

hm.........I have little to no talent. I took 4 years to learn a back hand spring. That's like, the easiest skill ever. However, on the other hand, I got my front tuck without ever trying, it was just there. I had my double front full and I was still learning a backhand spring.
I've thought long and hard, and have narrowed it down to artistic, rhythmic and acro.
I talked to the gym owner of my current gym, and she said she has four acro kids that train there. I didn't know that, they are never in the gym when I am. I'll look into that.

If you are indeed a L9, you have more talent than about 90% of the people doing gymnastics. Keep that in mind. That means you definitely have SOME talent, if not A LOT. Don't cut yourself short.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back