who is the most _______ elite gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

-graceful
-powerful
-skillful (does the hardest skills, with a higher start value)
-talented on beam
-talented on bars
-talented on floor
-talented on vault
-talented all around

and we are talking about current gymnasts, who are still competing, or have only retired within the past year or so.

graceful- Nastia Liukin
powerful- Kayla Williams
skillful- Jordyn Wieber
beam- Shawn Johnson
bars- Nastia Liukin
floor- Sabrina Vega
Vault- Rebecca Bross
AA- Jordyn Wieber

-graceful-- Sami Shapiro
-powerful--Alicia Sacramone
-skillful (does the hardest skills, with a higher start value) Shawn Johnson
-talented on beam--I can't decide. Anna Pavlova
-talented on bars--Nastia
-talented on floor--ASac
-talented on vault-- Cheng Fe
-talented all around--Nastia

-Graceful-- Nastia
-Powerful-- Steliana Nistor
-Skillful (does the hardest skills, with a higher start value) Shawn Johnson
-Talented on beam-- Shawn Johnson
-Talented on bars-- Svetlana Khorkina (I hope she still counts as 'current'??)
-Talented on floor-- Sandra Izbasa
-Talented on vault-- Andreea Grigore
-Talented all around-- That would have to be Nastia!

-graceful - Ana Porgras
-powerful - Aly Raisman
-skillful - definatly Kohei Uchimura, for the men:) umm... Jordyn Weiber?
-talented on beam - Deng Linlin
-talented on bars - Nastia Liukin or Beth Tweddle (I like Beth's routine better)
-talented on floor - Anna Myzdrikova or Sandra Izbasa
-talented on vault - Jordyn Wieber
-talented all around - Jordyn Weiber

graceful - Nastia Liukin
powerful- Rebecca Bross
skillful - Rebecca bross
talented on beam- Deng Linlin or Rebecca Bross
talented on bars- Rebecca Bross
talented on floor- Aly Raisman
talented on vault- Alicia, Jordyn, or Zam
talented all around- Rebecca Bross

LOL so much at whoever said Aly Raisman was the best on floor. She's horrible on floor. Her dance is nothing, her leaps are disgusting, and she is just a plain disaster. Her tumbling, minus her first line, is nothing special. I've seen her do much more than what she did at Worlds/all the year. Even still, she's not worth the time on floor.

Shawn Johnson is the same for beam. Her leaps are horrible. Honestly, I don't get how people can consider her to be the best on beam when she has leaps like ... like well, I wouldn't even call her leaps leaps.

Anyway, my (educated (ie I actually know of other gymnasts minus the Americans and the international gymnasts only shown on NBC) answers:

Most Graceful: Anna Pavlova. (It is NOT Nastia. Not at all.)
Powerful: Hmmm, ASac
Skillful: Komova
Talented on Beam: Komova, Pavs, or certain Chinese gymnasts are the only correct answers. America has a lot of great beam works, but no AMAZING beam workers.
Talented on Bars: He Kexin is the only right answer. I guess you could say Sveta, but she retired quite a while ago, and during 01-04 she wasn't overly consistent on the event.
Talented on Floor: Anatasia Grishina
Vault: (LOL X10000 at someone ACTUALLY putting Bross here. :confused:) ASac
Talented AA: Komova

and you didn't even give Mustafina an honorable mention. how do you like that!:(

i hope this doesnt come off as rude, but i feel as if you are not just listing other gymnasts but putting down the Ameericans. I would say that Nastia Liukin is very very graceful. I would Say that anna pavlova is very gracefule to and im sure there are mroe out there. And if someone wants to think someone is the best then i believe they should have the right to state their opinion. they all have their own reasons to why they chose who they chose. and i to know gymnasts other then the big NBC names. which btw not to be rude but you only named the "big" names. Just wanted to put my opion out there. thankyou

and you didn't even give Mustafina an honorable mention. how do you like that!:(

Because Musty is a very messy gymnast. I give her credit for being on of the only TRUE AAers of the past ten years or so, with no weakness, she's also very original, however she is very messy and although I do like her I like other much more.

i hope this doesnt come off as rude, but i feel as if you are not just listing other gymnasts but putting down the Ameericans. I would say that Nastia Liukin is very very graceful. I would Say that anna pavlova is very gracefule to and im sure there are mroe out there. And if someone wants to think someone is the best then i believe they should have the right to state their opinion. they all have their own reasons to why they chose who they chose. and i to know gymnasts other then the big NBC names. which btw not to be rude but you only named the "big" names. Just wanted to put my opion out there. thankyou

Because I like very few Americans I am putting the Americans down. :confused: I was cheering for USA in Beijing, there are plenty of gymnasts from USA that I love. I do NOT like Nastia or Shawn. Certain closed minded people believe this means I don't like any Americans. This, of course, it wrong.

Americans I like ATM:

Ross
ASac
Mattie (although, sadly, after worlds she won't be going anywhere soon)
Wieber
Bross on bars.
I also LOVED Hollie Vise back in 03-04

For the most part I do NOT like the Americans because of their lack of dance, lack of flexibility ect. Of course, not all Americans are like this, but for the most part I just don't like their gymnastics.

Anyway, yes, I did name a few 'BIG' names. However, I didn't name big names only from America. Ie) Aly for floor :confused::confused::confused:

For the most part good people get to be known, obviously. I've loved Grishina for a long time now, before she was super well known. Same with Komova. All of the gymnasts I named I liked as soon as I saw them.

such bad americans...the nerve to even show up at a competition.

heck bog, in all of her ranting she didn't even list stella umeh. 1 of the most spectacular gymnasts evah!:)

OLDIES (2008 OLYMPIC ERA)
-graceful-Nastia Liukin
-powerful- Alicia Sacramone
-skillful (does the hardest skills, with a higher start value)- Shawny J
-talented on beam- Shawn
-talented on bars- Nastia
-talented on floor- Shawn Johnson
-talented on vault- Alicia Sacramone
-talented all around- Shawn Johnson

NOW
-graceful-shawn
-powerful-alicia
-skillful (does the hardest skills, with a higher start value)-jordyn wieber
-talented on beam-katelyn ohashi
-talented on bars-gabrielle douglas
-talented on floor-jordyn
-talented on vault-mckayla maroney
-talented all around- jordyn

-graceful-ana porgras
-powerful- viktoria komova
-skillful (does the hardest skills, with a higher start value)-viktoria komova
- beam-shawn johnson
-bars- beth tweddle
- floor- sandra izbaza
- vault- alicia sacramone
- all around- mustafina- at the europeans she had qualified for every single event in the top 3!

-graceful: Madison Kocain
-powerful: Rebecca Bross
-skillful: Jordyn Wieber
-talented on beam: Katelyn Ohashi
-talented on bars: Nastia Liukin
-talented on floor: Mattie Larson
-talented on vault: Mackayla Maroney (sp?)
-talented all around: Jordyn Wieber, Rebecca Bross

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back