WAG Whooohooo!!! She got her kip today!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good for her! That's quite an accomplishment! I think I'll always remember that look of shock when my dd finally found herself on top of the bar after her 3672nd kip attempt. Great news!

Oh it seems so long ago. Huge congrats to her! Be prepared though Dad, it is highly likely that the dreaded kip will come and go for awhile and may even dissappear for a time. Rest assured, it will come back. Onward and upward.

Congrats! That's a biggie! LoL @ the disappearing kip. Seems like a lot of these skills disappear only to come back when you least expect it.

Unfortunately, there are an awful lot of skills that have the nagging characteristic of being able to dissappear (giants, shoot-overs, handspring on beam, the list goes on). I refer to it as the "brain getting in the way of the skill". The girls are quite capable, physically, its the brain that tells them to be afraid. Patience and trusting the coach is the key to getting past this.

I am marking this day on the calendar. Two smiley faces from the master, Dunno, in the same thread. I am extremely honored, sir. Maybe I am finally getting this crazy sport we find ourselves associated with.

It was cute this morning. I asked her, "Did you celebrate?" She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No!" Then I asked, "Were you surprised?" She nodded vigorously and said, "Yeah!" LOL!

WTG to her. That is a "gateway" skill. She will use it forever and ever, Amen!

YAY!!!!! great job. once you get it, it makes everything so much easier.

Like her Dad's anxiety level? LOL! It came so quickly that I never got to have those "When will she get it?" freak outs that everyone talks about. Mine will be the "Where did it go?" freak outs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back