Women's Team Finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well I'm a basket case crying here. The Final Five - Pretty perfect name if you ask me. Thanks for the run Martha and the last time we'll see a team of 5 in the Olympics (at least until they change it back ;)).

USA!!

Is Final Five their "official" name? Because I agree....perfect! I am emotional too....what an amazing run. So proud of them.

Anyone know where to watch the medal ceremony? Gotta be at the gym in 40 minutes lol so I doubt I'll be able to watch it live anyway.

image.png
Thanks @CoachMeg for the awesome link. WOW!!!!!!

Anyone know where to watch the medal ceremony? Gotta be at the gym in 40 minutes lol so I doubt I'll be able to watch it live anyway.

Its on the Daily Dismount. Just aired. You can watch it taped. Not nearly as much fun as watching the guys' ceremony, but still emotional :) Laurie could barely contain herself, she looked like she was going to jump out of her skin, she's so cute, I love watching her.

I watched the live feed this afternoon. Watching NBC now. I like he leos but I might have liked them better with a solid white body. I missed Simones bars and Laurie and Aly's beam during the feed. I will be glued on Thursday. I really like Kupets, Horton is cute and learning and the other guy. They need to put Courtney in prime time.

Anyone know why Gabby chose not to put her hand over heart for anthem in the ceremony? I will be curious to see if they show it during Prime time or if they will show it from an angle that will make it less obvious. Watching the live feed it was painfully obvious. It's not like she hasn't been there before and doesn't know, so it seems it was deliberate.

Anyone know why Gabby chose not to put her hand over heart for anthem in the ceremony? I will be curious to see if they show it during Prime time or if they will show it from an angle that will make it less obvious. Watching the live feed it was painfully obvious. It's not like she hasn't been there before and doesn't know, so it seems it was deliberate.

She's representing her country, so she should act like she's been there before.....but alas, crass is as crass does....nice work Natalie...

It would be a different, but still not a defensible, story if she was just in a meet for herself but this is the kind of "team player" she is....

I noticed this live at the Trials. I don't want to bash Gabby, but I personally did not like it at all. We don't know the story though.

I noticed this live at the Trials. I don't want to bash Gabby, but I personally did not like it at all. We don't know the story though.

It's disrespectful to our country for her to act like this.....she didn't do it when she won the AA in 2012 either...I don't think there's any story to it but if I were Marta , I would have given a tutorial to the team on how one behaves when your national anthem is played, followed with the fact that I expected everyone to comply...

lol -that was such an awkward award ceremony - the girls couldn't decide whether to hold hands or not... looks like they were arguing about when to step onto the podium. Nike's fluorescent yellow shoes... couldn't they find any red, white or blue shoes?

It's disrespectful to our country for her to act like this.....she didn't do it when she won the AA in 2012 either...I don't think there's any story to it but if I were Marta , I would have given a tutorial to the team on how one behaves when your national anthem is played, followed with the fact that I expected everyone to comply...

Exactly! It's not like it was a surprise that they were going to be doing the medal ceremony with our national anthem playing... I am especially disappointed to learn that she did it in trials too, someone needed to set her straight. It's not just etiquette, it's actually in US code:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

Exactly! It's not like it was a surprise that they were going to be doing the medal ceremony with our national anthem playing... I am especially disappointed to learn that she did it in trials too, someone needed to set her straight. It's not just etiquette, it's actually in US code:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

The fact that you have a law for behaviour for the national anthem is something I find hilarious.

lol -that was such an awkward award ceremony - the girls couldn't decide whether to hold hands or not... looks like they were arguing about when to step onto the podium. Nike's fluorescent yellow shoes... couldn't they find any red, white or blue shoes?

The Mens' ceremony was SO much better. The Russians especially were a class act congratulating China and then to watch these incredibly strong guys look so giddy with excitement was just really fun. The guys really expressed their joy, wheras the girls were all much more reserved.

I didn't like Aly telling them all to bite their medals. I prefer it when they kiss the medals or just hold them. I know she is the captain but it's not like the others haven't been in awards ceremonies before. It came across less as leading and more as bossing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back