World Trials USA???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnasticsfreak

when are they picking the women's team for Worlds for the US?

Final World's selection camp is Spet 17-21 at the Ranch(National Training Center in Houston). So they will likely announce on the 21st. They will likely have is narrowed down to around 10 women by this camp, and then announce the 7 who will make up the team based on balancing the US team on each event and consistency shown at the camp.

I know, bogwoppit, was thinking the same thing. The US will be lucky if there are 7 healthy seniors left after proving themselves over and over agian to Marta. Really only have these girls healthy right now with a realistic chance:

Wieber
Maroney
Raisman
Caquatto
Vega
Douglas
Sacramone
Johnson

Really hope Memmel or Sloan or both will actually be healthy, cuz looking at that list boy does the US need their bars.

They didn't show a ton of Vega at championsips but I did notice that Marta was having an extended talk with her at one point and the girls around her just got a quick hug and a pat on the head. Is she one of Marta's favorites? I don't know a ton about her so I am just curious.

Marta is chummy with Vega's coaches because they are Romanian too. I think Marta likes Vega but Vega doesn't have enough WOW or difficulty on any event for her to be a serious contender for London (unless of course the rest of the Sr pack gets hurt..) ...she's a steady eddy elite so she may get to go to Worlds this yr because the small numbers of eligible and healthy seniors will work in her favor.

I was just wondering if anyone else saw Mary Lee Tracy's interview on gymnastique about taking over the National Team Cooordinator position. She is very specific in saying that even though everyone says Marta "beats the kids up" its just not true-that she is very easy to work with and is for the kids. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
I know, bogwoppit, was thinking the same thing. The US will be lucky if there are 7 healthy seniors left after proving themselves over and over agian to Marta. Really only have these girls healthy right now with a realistic chance:

Wieber
Maroney
Raisman
Caquatto
Vega
Douglas
Sacramone
Johnson

Really hope Memmel or Sloan or both will actually be healthy, cuz looking at that list boy does the US need their bars.

Memmel is healthy. Her shoulder did slip at Visa's...no injury or damage. She really just started training again less than a year ago...that's the bigger issue.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone else saw Mary Lee Tracy's interview on gymnastique about taking over the National Team Cooordinator position. She is very specific in saying that even though everyone says Marta "beats the kids up" its just not true-that she is very easy to work with and is for the kids. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

i've said this before here on this site. it's true.:)

I bet Vega will go to Pan Am's - I just don't think she has the difficulty for Worlds yet. I think memmel and sloan are both in the running - does anyone know how many kids go to Pan Am's? I know they have to be 2 different teams because of the timing and travel.

There may be two different teams in the USA, but most of the other countries will use the same teams as they just do not have a population of 300,000,00miliion people to draw from!!! There is enough time between the meets to travel for sure, I can guarantee the high ups in each countries federations will be at both meets.

In previous years the Pan AMs were a juniors only meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back