Parents Would love some homeschooling info!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

duyetanh

Proud Parent
So, it's a long story, but because of some weird circumstances, there is a very strong possibility I will be homeschooling my daughter next year. I have taught both public and private school for some years, so am not worried about giving her what she needs, but am curious what programs are out there, and also wonder if there is a home school group I can join?
Thanks!

I am sure there is a home school group. Search the list of groups and ask to join.

There is a homeschool social group on here, but I would also suggest a quick google search for local homeschool groups. I know that, at least where I live, there are a number of groups and lots of local resources.

The Well Trained Mind has a fairly thorough set of resources. The Christianity aspect is not particularly overt, so if that's not your thing, it's easily adapted*.

* I have no intention of starting any kind of religion discussion, just mentioning that this curriculum works with or without.

Definitely search for support groups in your local area and find one that fits your style. Join it and then be active! :) It really helps, I promise! I have a hard time with the being active bit. ;) Life gets in the way because we are so busy! But yes, join the homeschooling group on here and read up on it, plus ask any questions you might have, they are a great group also. Good luck on your journey!

If you are on Facebook, there are active homeschooling groups where you can get information. I found it very useful in locating homeschooling curriculum (especially since I was looking for secular).

I would also look into possible FREE online schools. I have worked with one in our area with several students now and I really like it. They have OPTIONAL educational group group opportunities every couple weeks or so. There are also homeschool activities at the local library and the YMCA.
I am also a teacher, and the one we chose to go with does not require "checking in" with the "teacher" on a regular basis. MOST of the activities for Grades 7-12 in this program are automatically computer graded and the "teacher" is there if a student has questions and to grade the other assignments (reports, foreign language speaking and writing, and offline activities).
BUT, if you are looking long-term into college gymnastics, you have to make sure the curriculum is approved by the NCAA.

Feel free to private message me any questions. My daughter just finished her first year of homeschool.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back