WAG Wrong age group

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you so much for all of the help. I have been a little disappointed in the gym's help with this matter, but they have had a lot of parents that have been upset about little things and making them into BIG things. I think that they assumed that it was just the grouping for ages. DD is very mature for her age, so people are surprised at her real age-I do it all the time.

Several members have directed me to where we need to be with USAG to fix the problem, without having to create waves at the gym, thank you CB!

I know that this will sound odd, but I think that the scores issues have done so much more for dd long term. She has learned to really focus on her accomplishments and be happy with how she did. There is always a variable in awards when you have different age grouping, and dd has always come out on the wrong end of it, when someone else in the gym comes out on the better end. She has had numerous meets getting lower placements than teammates who had lower scores, and several times had it rubbed in her face by those teammates. If she got all tens I wouldn't have been more proud of her then I have been this year with the grace and maturity that she has shown.

I couldn't agree more with how depending on which age group you are in depends on where you place. Certain ages at certain levels are almost impossible to place unless you are 9.2 and up. My dd got a bit of that at her gym but she relishes in the fact that at her meet on Sunday she got the highest score on bars and beam of her level team. She has always been on the lower side of the scores so for her to pull off the top scores on two she was beaming.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back