Anon Xcel Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (9864)

Do Acro and Tumbling coaches go to Xcel Regionals like NCAA coaches go to JO Nationals?
I assume NCAA coaches don’t go to Xcel Regionals correct?

I have no clue, I would say probably not because its xcel, and most xcels are not really to a level to get recruited for A&T, and most xcels arent of the recruiting age.

I have no clue, I would say probably not because its xcel, and most xcels are not really to a level to get recruited for A&T, and most xcels arent of the recruiting age
Don't know an answer to the posters question about A&T recruiters, but I know several xcel gymnasts who got Acro scholarships --- and age wise, many xcels are of "recuiting age". Many, many xcel gymnasts are amazing at tumbling.

Yeah idk if they come but one of the girls at my gym (xcel diamond) just got a scholarship for acro tumbling and another girl (Idk what level she was) is going to acro tumbling nationals this year!

I was at my daughter’s regular season platinum meet and there was an Acro tumbling recruiter there scouting seniors. She was on the Acro team herself before becoming a coach and said she only made it to platinum due to her bar skills but was recruited for vault and to Acro tumbling even as a platinum so I would say I bet there would be recruiters at regionals!

I have no clue, I would say probably not because its xcel, and most xcels are not really to a level to get recruited for A&T, and most xcels arent of the recruiting age.
I’d say this statement is uninformed. Most JO/DP girls aren’t of recruiting age either. Obviously the recruiters are only looking at the older age groups whether they’re at a level 10 meet or xcel meet. But either way the tumbling skills for xcel girls can often be just as advanced as for optionals so saying they’re not to the level of Acro and tumbling is not accurate. It’s a different conversation when talking about division I college gymnastics, but xcel girls are often great tumblers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News