WAG Yurchenko vault question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think what you've seen is mostly an example of "garbage in-garbage out" that result in mat blush or face plants. Sure the flip isn't a walk in the park, but on a scale of 1 to 10 the flip is a 3 and the round-off entry is 12...... This is not a vault that should be undertaken with a casual attitude by rushing to the salto phase because what happens is the kid either gets hurt doing the salto from a poor beginning, or they have to back track and drill the entry....... again.
that's what I figured. Just wanted to clarify that I was not talking about dd's gym on my comment about face plants. I was talking in general at meets. Dd is training L8 and hoping to compete a yurchenko this yr. No idea what the coaches plan to do though. They have worked both tsuks and yurchenkos. Dd says she prefers yurchenkos. For these, They worked on the entry drills a lot before bringing it to the vt table and then lots of timers before starting to flip in the pit.

I don't know which one is harder, but DDs coach is very cautious. DD can do the the ro entry but coach will not let her flip it until she gets it better. As she explained it, DD is arching slightly coming off the horse. Her timers are good but once it is on the real table, she arches...she went from mat stacked on vault to no mat. She does ro entry on to real vault but lands flat back in the pit. Coach says once it is better she can flip it, "No problem!"

DD has started flipping tsuks by herself, but not yurchenkos.

She had done spotted tsuks for the last few months, and only recently started doing them alone. Last year she spent months doing 1/2 ons, then just flipping to her back on a mat (not timers to a raised mat).

She started working on the RO entry for the yurchenko in earnest in July. She will compete a yurchenko timer (to candle on mats at vault height) this year, but has only done one fully spotted flipping yurchenko ever. She doesn't expect to be doing one alone on a regular basis until the end of the year. She does ALOT of entry drills.

When we go to the states, she will compete a Tsuk. But she LOVES the yurchenko.

So, a lot of drills, a lot of prep work. No chucking of skills for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back