3 year old level 3 :0

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Why? I mean she is a cute little girl, but why put her out there to compete these routines without the understanding that goes behind them. Isn't this setting her up for bad habits that will have to be broken later on were she to stick with gymnastics? On my girls team there are several level ones that are age 4, but they aren't allowed to compete unless they have the skills competition ready-meaning by yourself and correct form. Cute, but looking down the road I'm not sure that is a good idea.

I thought USAG required the child to be 5 to compete L3? That looked like some in house type thing. Poor little thing didn't really have a clue as to what she was doing and yes that bhs was very scary. All in the name of getting the parents hooked.

It says it was an AAU meet but I thought AAU had the same age guidelines.

While she is obviously very highly talented for a very young child ...

It wasn't a backhandspring...it was a back HEAD spring. Thank goodness there was a mat! And the sad part is, a 3 year old isn't going to know that she shouldn't be doing those-like, on mom's living room floor-because she has mom and coach telling her to do them! Why are some people so caught up in "bragging rights" that they risk their children's health? There will always be crazy people out there...

I was wondering the same thing re: age limit for level 3. I'm not too familiar with AAU though. Maybe they only have her doing in-house meets? I have to confess that I cringed at the ROBHS. Why wouldn't they have someone spotting her? I saw coaches at level 4 meets spotting girls on that move.

Yo new rule proposal. In optional levels if you face a vault they void it. In compulsory levels if you land on your head they should void the routine too. Then again I see a lot of optional meets where gyms apparently don't care about the safety of their optional vaults so maybe the rule doesn't work as well as I might hope.

i agree the bhs made me cringe aswell thank gosh the camera moved to the side to kinda skip out a part of it haha i agree she is very very young. she's very good for a 3 year old but i wouldnt let a 3 yo compete. im surprised the lil thing didn't bawl her eyes out being in front of lots of people.

I don't even watch these type of things anymore. They disgust me.

Oh Why? She was adorable! It isn't the child's fault. We don't even know her story. I saw a video of Kim and Chris Burdette's little boy at a meet. He was just flipping around. Perhaps if this is the coaches DD maybe she was just there on exhibition. I could be totally wrong of course. I would never let DD compete at that age either, but I must confess that I enrolled her in gym because she threw a flip flop on our couch at 3 after watching World Championships on T.V. I knew if she was going to learn to flip semi-safely she would need proper training. Kid is still flipping every where!

After reading the National AAU handbook, I see that a standing bhs is an option for level 3. I was unable to find an exact minimum age to compete level 3 AAU, but USAG is very clear in it's age guidelines, and i believe that AAU gymnastics follows those same guidelines. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 3 is too young to compete any level in either division. And I'm not trying to be mean, but her routines were really poorly executed. I don't know how her scores were as high as they were. An older child would never have gotten those high scores for those routines. i wonder if this was a real meet?

Last edited:
you know, i probably won't post again about these kinds of posts. the world is a bit screwed up...i mean c'mon...there is a video there of a 5 year old doing a giant swing in a garage with a file cabinet just a couple of feet away from where you would land if you peeled off. these videos are pitiful, not funny or cute and these parents should be more responsible and mindful of how they emote their egos.

you know, i probably won't post again about these kinds of posts. the world is a bit screwed up...i mean c'mon...there is a video there of a 5 year old doing a giant swing in a garage with a file cabinet just a couple of feet away from where you would land if you peeled off. these videos are pitiful, not funny or cute and these parents should be more responsible and mindful of how they emote their egos.

Dunno, I LOVE YOU! My newborn just did a rhbhs and just got her kip, but I guess i won't post it yet on youtube. I will wait for her to reach 1 at least. Seriously, parents, get a grip. These are BABIES! Let them grow up a bit...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back