Changes to the WAG program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nooooooooooooooooo, I am heartbroken! Now comps are going to feel like they go so much longer with the same floor music playing over and over. I was so thankful when my squad moved into level four so I didn't have to listen to it anymore, but now it's following me!

There would be four or five girls that could, but the rest are my train on squad, and have the skills to compete but their technique needs a lot of work, they are not in the right mindset, maturity or technical basis to do well.

Maybe you could use it as motivation for them?
If they knew that they have to do "compulsory" unless they work hard on technique/training attitude etc, or having teammates get to keep their new routines/do harder skills, might give them a challenge?
I think the first year will be a mixture of skill level anyway, especially if state stream goes and we have to integrate state stream kids into national levels!

No worries :)

I am in the other boat where I have state stream kids who have worked so hard in their 5hrs a week and don't want to drop back levels as recommended :(

Damn, I thinks it's really harsh, it is going to be a challenge for all of us coaches to intergrate the new program with our current gymnasts and training styles. Oh well it's going to be an adventure.

I plan on just telling the kids that they can either drop back and compete with skills they can do and just up train for the higher levels or they can compete at the higher level and just miss some skills out. Whatever keeps them happy (as long as its safe!) and in the sport : )

It's a hard call, especially as if they do train up they will get large deductions for not competing core skills but if they go down it is really hard on them as well. Overall not fun.

I think as well with state stream it would mean the states rewriting the programs to fit in with the new routines/skills and I can't see anyone wanting to do that with only a couple of months to spare.

Anyone else think the level 4 bars is a big jump though? Level 3 is basically a repeat of current level 2 for everything. But level 4 bars requires a baby giant and all of that single leg stuff (ok no idea if that's hard to learn as not seen it taught at all, not even sure what the moves are, lol), I think that's a big leap from current 2/3 to new 4.

I do like how in level 4 bars they can climb on, I think they should have kept toeshoot for level 3 though, under swings can look really horrid/be actually harder for some kids!
In the updated(non draft version) they have taken that single leg thing out, as well as the front tuck in vault for level 3( which would have been a good 2nd vault for level 4 IMO)..
I actually think that level 6 bars is way harder compared to all the other level 6 apparatus but maybe that's just me freaking out for my kiddies haha!

I have been doing work with the stride circle, and working on the cut isn't too difficult but the actual circle takes a while to understand, especially because it is so different to what we have done previously. Isn't the baby giant the current level fours swing pullover?

Oh ok I thought a baby giant was something else, that's much more reasonable. And yah for the removal of the single leg stuff. What have they put in instead?
Is there a link to the final content?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back