Parents Coaches were right

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lol but seriously. My daughter joined preteam at 3, almost 4. Everyone else was 5 and 6. There was a CLEAR difference in skill level. Idk why they thought this was a good fit for her. She loved it so we stayed. Well, 4 months later, she looks great. The skill level different is much smaller and she looks like she should be in the class.

Now I feel like a Ahole thinking my kid couldn't keep up lol.

It's ok, it happens. I have definitely told parents that we want their child to move up a level and gotten the response, "really?!" I'm glad your daughter is doing well! She might just be the type who thrives with challenges and something to look up to and work towards.

It's ok, it happens. I have definitely told parents that we want their child to move up a level and gotten the response, "really?!" I'm glad your daughter is doing well! She might just be the type who thrives with challenges and something to look up to and work towards.
I was definitely that parent lol. She definitely wants to be the best and sets goals for herself.

she's a natural athlete! Kids develop at their own pace, and that a few months can make a big difference in skill level. I think it's also worth noting that preteam is all about having fun and learning the basics of the sport. It's not about being the best player on the team. So even if your daughter's skill level is still a little below the other kids, that's totally okay. She's still learning and growing, and she's having a good time. So don't feel bad about thinking that your daughter couldn't keep up. Just be proud of her for all the progress she's made. And keep encouraging her to follow her dreams!

At young ages, a good predictor of success is emotional maturity and the ability to apply corrections. The student's current physical abilities are less important than their "teachability." While students typically need a baseline level of flexibility, strength, and bravery to be considered for pre-team, they are also evaluated on behavioral qualities.

Is your daughter:
  • Focused
  • Attentive
  • Respectful
  • Driven
  • Resilient
  • Enthusiastic
It's very challenging to teach gymnastics to young children that do not have these qualities. This sport requires a lot of discipline and attention to detail. I'm happy to hear your daughter is adjusting to her new class

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back