First comp of the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Well first comp of the season was interesting. Unfortunately I am one of those gymnasts that gets skills really easily but they look less than beautiful even though they are technically correct. I just struggle with keeping legs tight all the time etc.

Vault:
Was normal, but the vault was into a pit onto a few mats which made landing really difficult
12.6 which is my usual so I guess that is fair

Beam: 12.65 i think,
Much worse than normal, my last beam routine got a 13.9 and there is only one skill difference between the two and I didn't fall off in either routine and scored lower than my friend who fell twice which is 2.00 points

Floor: Was alright, got 9th place and this is where my lack of grace and squeezed legs kill me. Even though my tumbling is sky high and really powerful and technically very good (or so says my coach) I seem to get lots of little deductions and got a 12.95

Bars I don't do

But I will give a shout out to my friend who got a 15.00 on floor which if you don't have any bonus's is the maximum score you can possibly get, though she has a routine worth 15.8

But not my best comp and it was so cold i was shivering on beam :S

Sounds like you have a great starting place for the season! Keep up the hard work and you'll continue to improve :)
Congrats also to your friend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back