Parents How would you feel?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Now that we've parted ways I fee free to share some fun facts :
DD is second from the left she was told to loose 5 Lbs as she was above her ideal weight .2 other girls in this pic were told to loose weight as well.We received a chart with the height and weight of all the girls and the amount they must loose.A parent asked if we could not receive the info concerning only our own child and the answer was it would be too much work.

Edited by Bog - I removed the photo. Explanation below

I removed the photo as it contained girls who are not yours. When leaving a club like this it is best not to give anyone ammunition against your dd. Coaches talk and this could impact negatively.

Though I do think the HC sounds like she has lost her marbles.

Yeah, the more you say, the worse things sound. I am glad you are looking and hope you can find something better suited for you and your dd!

@profmom ,I hear you and honestly I'm receptvie to your message.DD knows that she is walking away from great facilities and the possibility to train many hours.She's also afraid that her gym friends will no longer speak to her at school.

The last girl that changed club wasn't spoken to by any of the gym girls for months.The HC had given the order that no one was to approach her at school.

It sounds a bit like a cult now that I think of it.

Whaaat?? That is insane! There are so many reasons to get your daughter away from this club.

DD didn't go this morning(no school on wednesdays in France).The HC texts me and asks where she is.I answered that DD was home.HC asks "is she sulking ?".I answered she felt betrayed and hurt.

HC phones me and says "i don't have time for your long explanations your DD was moved because one of the girls on the team has a slight injury,and the other girl who is replacing yours has demonstrated a better attitude.Your DDs attitude has been aweful for the past 15 days"

I answered :"You and I drove back together from the last meet on sunday,3 days ago,why did you not mention there was a problem with dds attitude?

Her answer :"Well actually its only been the past few days..."

I answered "Since her attitude is unbefitting ,she should not continue to train 20 hours a week,she will stop"

HC"I'm coming to get her Sunday morning she's competing for team B"

Me" No she isn't"
HC"Yes she is,she's coming to train after school tomorrow,I'm fetching her"
Me"No you're not"
HC"If she doesn't compete you will have to pay the consequences...so she 's coming tomorrow."
Me"I doubt it,goodbye"

I don't know wether to laugh or cry

okay, i'll call it what it is. ("sulking"?) heartless bastard he/she is. so...double fisted middle finger moutza is called for here.

and tell this coach she can "fetch" your back side.

@profmom ,I hear you and honestly I'm receptvie to your message.DD knows that she is walking away from great facilities and the possibility to train many hours.She's also afraid that her gym friends will no longer speak to her at school.

The last girl that changed club wasn't spoken to by any of the gym girls for months.The HC had given the order that no one was to approach her at school.

It sounds a bit like a cult now that I think of it.

wow! sounds like some amurikun coaches!

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart hurts for what happened to your DD. I hope you find another great gym where she can do what she loves in a healthier environment!

How in the world can a coach "fetch" your child after school without your permission???? Don't you all have to sign releases giving listed people permission to access your child?

Wow!
In a time when it's so important for girls to have good self esteem and be proud of themselves, how the heck (not the word I want to use!) can a coach instruct the girls not to speak to someone who left? This alone makes me want to cry for those girls.

Good for you for being so strong to the HC!!! Your daughter is very lucky to have you as her advocate ;)

Yikes, you are better off out of there, those coaches sound completely nutty! In my experience, gyms can change their teams around between every competition, but it isn't fair if she had been specifically told she would definitely be team A. I also find it weird that they replace your girl rather than the injured one, as an injury would be a very valid reason to bump someone down. I mean if it was your girl with the injury that would make more sense and you couldn't really complain about that. But these coaches sound crazy, I'd definitely be looking elsewhere.

We visited the closest club in the nearby town.We already knew all the coaches and many of the families.One of the parents came up to me and said"So,had enough of the mad house have you?"I had to laugh.

Working on the car pooling schedule,haven't done that in a loooong time.

It's good to have this place.One word of advice to everyone :try and keep your anonymity as much as possible on the board.I blew mine acouple of years ago when videos of the big shinny club came up in a discussion.I was all over the place like a proud little jumping bean "hey thats my club ,that's my kid,isn't the world sooo small blablabla"

When things weren't going so great I thought I had better shut up because a little glimpse at my past postings and you'll know which club I belong to.

I still haven't worked out who @dunno is,and he's even visited the big shinny club.So you CAN post strong opinions whithout blowing your cover ;)

We visited the closest club in the nearby town.We already knew all the coaches and many of the families.One of the parents came up to me and said"So,had enough of the mad house have you?"I had to laugh.

Working on the car pooling schedule,haven't done that in a loooong time.

It's good to have this place.One word of advice to everyone :try and keep your anonymity as much as possible on the board.I blew mine acouple of years ago when videos of the big shinny club came up in a discussion.I was all over the place like a proud little jumping bean "hey thats my club ,that's my kid,isn't the world sooo small blablabla"

When things weren't going so great I thought I had better shut up because a little glimpse at my past postings and you'll know which club I belong to.

I still haven't worked out who @dunno is,and he's even visited the big shinny club.So you CAN post strong opinions whithout blowing your cover ;)

:)

Ok,ok,ok.Gather around folks.Part 2 will have you falling off your chairs.

I sent DD to school with a note for the teacher that she will not be leaving early with the gym bus as she has stopped gymnastics.I left a message to the headmaster.Then I left a message to HC from hell that my daughter had made her finale decision that she was was quitting.She would not be returning to the club.She woud not be taking the gym bus.She will finish school at the normal time .

HC from hell repies that DD has no right to quit ,she would go get her in the classroom.

I answered that I feared that taking a minor without the parents consent could be a violation of the penal code.

I had not managed to speak to the head master so I decided that I would go to the school and speak with him direclty.

I step out of my house,take a few steps,when I hear a beeping car,the car climbs onto the pavement,cuts in front of me,slams on brakes.....guess who pops out the door........HEAD COACH from hell..

Yessiree,the lady came to my house!!!!! in under 5 minutes since our last exchange.

Can you hear psycho music?I sure could at that moment.I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
She shouts out to me:

HC:Mrs E....Mrs E....

Me:I'm not sure who you're yelling at I'm Mrs H....

HC:Yes,right whatever your name is,you're raising your kid to be a spoilt brat.When I was a kid and I was punished I got double dose at home.You on the other hand take your daughters side and re-enforce her behaviour.

Me:You moved my daughter down as a punishement for what offence ?

HC:I told her to do 50 leg lifts because she wasn't applying a correction.She talked back to me .She said she didn't see how 50 leg lifts would improve her double full.

Me:Well,how would it improve her double full

HC:It would teach her to listen to what I'm saying and apply corections.

ME:I think moving her down a team for asking a question was a bit much

HC:That wasn't the worst part.The worst part is she didn't do them.She shrugged her shoulders at me and walked off.

Me:Well you should be relieved you no longer have to train her.

HC:She will do the competition ,then she can quit.

Wow. This is scary. I cannot imagine this in my wildest dreams! Seems like she has had multiple reasons for suddenly moving your daughter down a team. Each time, a new reason. Seems a bit fishy to me!!! I am glad you are out of there.

HC:If she doesn't do the competition I will turn all the girls against her,and all the parents against you.

Me:Anyone who turns against me because of your orders are not worth having as friends.May I ask,why is it so imprtent that my DD competes in a meet for a team that has absolutely no chance of placing or qualifying for nationals?

HC:We need her points to ift up the team

ME:You don't play the flattery game very well.My child is not a miracle worker.Her points will not rescue that team.

HC:A girl is injured in the second team,there's only two girls left.if your kid doesn't take part,the club looses the points of the entire team.

ME:I see.Would you mind telling me what your priorities are as a coach?

HC:My priorities??!!!Well team results of course!I ACTUALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT INDIVIDUAL RESULTS.

ME:Well I'm afraid our priorities do not align.Have a nice day.

HC:So she's coming to the gym today right?

ME:I'm not a big fan of the Hitler Jungen approach.Have a nice day.
....................................................................................................................................

Couldn't make this stuff up even if I tried.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back