Parents How would you feel?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Holy moly!!!
For the team, I am glad she will compete.
For that HC, I'm even more glad she's quitting.
I can't even imagine that kind of behavior. Holy cow!!!

Oh my word, I've got my jaw dropped!

That is UNREAL! I believe you but seriously that coach is CRAZY. You should be so proud of your DD for wanting to do the comp for her friend. I'm not sure if I would be that generous but as long as you both think of it as helping the team members it makes sense. Be sure to take her (and her friend) out for ice cream after, then tell us how it goes.

I'm keeping my phone forever,I have all the sms on it.Actually how do you save text messages?
There should be an option to "lock" the text message on the phone. Another idea is to e-mail the messages to your email and keep them in a special folder just for them (I do that because I can only save so many text messages before my phone is full).

A friend of DD quit in september after 4 weeks in the elite-track programe.

The mom went to the gym to tell HC.

HC told her to take her to her house that she wanted to speak to the girl.The mother didn't really say no,she was more surprised then anything else I guess.

The girl was still sleeping,the mom went to wake her up.When the mom was at the top of the stairs she realised that HC had followed her upstairs and standing at the door.Can you imagine the poor girl opening her eyes and seeing HC at her bedroom door.

The girl tried one last week and still wanted out.Her grandad went to speak to HC second time around.HC left them alone.

A mom of an older girl often laughs about seeing HC at her door after her kid decided to quit.

So ,this seems to be par for the course.

I guess we're under the illusion that she cares so much she comes to fetch them.perhaps we feel flattered that our kid is so sought after.Actually it's not the child as an individual that is sought out but rather a point producing machine.

Now I'm really torn about getting the heck out and forget the darn competition.It feels a bit like caving in to a bad habit or returning to an abusive relationship.

The club shoots some very flattering videos about itself,I really thought about filming the coached during competitions and the way they rip into the girls and posting up on youtube,but we're entering slippery legal territory..

When girls leave,HC often turns around and says she kicked them out because of attitude....

I think the departure of their top coach (the son of HC) might mean the beginning of the end.I just wish I could get the truth out.

Jeez I fee a bit like Alice in wonderland

Last edited:
Considering the HC is the one that moved your daughter down to the other group, wouldn't it be HER fault if the team score goes down? It was never your daughter's group to start with. I understand honoring a team commitment, but this is outrageous.

yeah, i was totally kidding about making it up. it is really just so hard to believe someone would behave this way! i'm still in shock!

Epilogue.

At the end of training a friend whose daughter use to train at the mad house asked me how things went .I texted her the message:

"Well the old dried out prune tried to fill DD head with empty promises that she wil move back up to the A team and go to nationals.But it's too late.DD has made her decision.Old wretch"

Problem is I sent this to HC by mistake!!!!:eek:

DD's reaction when I told her what I had done was :D:D:D

So there you folks.

Epilogue.

At the end of training a friend whose daughter use to train at the mad house asked me how things went .I texted her the message:

"Well the old dried out prune tried to fill DD head with empty promises that she wil move back up to the A team and go to nationals.But it's too late.DD has made her decision.Old wretch"

Problem is I sent this to HC by mistake!!!!:eek:

DD's reaction when I told her what I had done was :D:D:D

So there you folks.
Oh I think that is quite possibly the best ending to this story! You were a wonderful advocate for your daughter, you fought for her, and she will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that her mother's got her back. Bravo! I do hope that you find a great new gym for her with sane and healthy coaches!

I think you need to speak to your headteacher about the HC threatening to make other girls ostracise your DD.Apart from the effect on your dd , it is totally unfair to force other kids to be bullies (because that's what ostracising is). I am a teacher as my day job, and would absolutely want to know about this and talk to all the girls concerned (and maybe even their parents)
Are clubs/coaches regulated in France at all? If not, is it something you could report to social services , I think this HC is a threat to children's emotional wellbeing, borderline abusive, and should not be working with kids.

Natalia, I'm so impressed that throughout the insanity you seem to have managed to keep your wits about you and reply with such brilliance. I think I would have been so stunned that I couldn't speak and been haunted with "if only I'd said..."

HC really doesn't sound mentally stable. Please be really careful. You're a great mum!

Oh My!!!!
I'm torn between the sheer craziness of this all, and laughing my butt off that you sent the text to the HC!!!!
Good for you for keeping your cool through all this!!!

Wow what a crazy witch the HC is. Better off as far away as possible from there. Though I know that there is only so far to go there.

Please post the next episode after she competes and let us know how it goes and how she likes her new gym. The gymie soap opera continues. I am so very sorry it really happened but it is funny at times.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back