Parents How would you feel?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would go to your daughter's school and pick her up at the end of the day, just to be safe (or when the gym bus comes, if it's earlier). I'm not sure how she gets home otherwise (bus?) if she doesn't take the gym bus, but it sounds like there's no trusting this coach.

I would steer clear of this coach as much as possible - do not respond to or engage this coach. Sounds like he/she is mentally unstable.

I actually did see the headmaster and dds teacher.

They both tried to be dipomatic while assuring me that my wishes are their orders.HC would not be allowed within the school confines.

I asked if anything like this has happened before.They said not,however they were aware of the extremely competitive nature of the club.No formal complaints had been placed.

I will say this, and while I think you need to run far far away from this coach and never engage again, I *do* see the team issue. We operate very much as a team, and if someone is not at a competition, it destroys the team chance. That does hurt the other kids on the team. We have individual and team competitions, and each are important!

Now, this coach is crazy, and has done things that are so unethical, that I agree with you for not returning. But to say that team doesn't matter to you is hard. that does hurt the kids too, not just the coach.

Well it would be a bit dull without a punchline.

I speak to my kid at lunch time.She tels me she has to do the meet because one of her friends has strained ligaments and is being "encouraged by the HC and her mother to do all 4 events even though she really doesn't want to.

So DD will do the meet on Sunday then quit.

I contacted HC and told her that DD would be going tomorrow and compete on Sunday

Hc started yelling on the phone that DD HAD to go today as they were doing a practise test.

I lost my cool and told HC that she obviously never learnt that between black and white there is grey and that is where most agreements can be found.I also dared to say that I didn't think DD's performence in a trial run would mean much considering her current state of mind.

HC said :"So you re the coach now!" and hung up.

Fetch u (If you know what I mean)

HC is in her late 50s her daughter is in her mid 20's,she also coaches there.Her son was a brilliant coach but has packed his bags and left for Canada.He got away.

I will be standing outside the gym tomorrow.

Oh my gosh, what a horrible situation!

So much pressure has been put on your daughter, but then in the same breath she's being told she'd not good enough. How the hell is any kid supposed to respond positively under those circumstances?!

I'm so impressed she is going to uphold her end of the bargain and I just hope she and you come out of it without any more carp to deal with. Good luck to her.

good. I mean, I am glad she is doign the team thing...but I am glad you are RUNNING from these coaches. Can you watch practice? I would be nervous as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back