Parents I am getting eyerolls from family and friends but

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jessmomto2

Proud Parent
I am proud of my little one so am hoping to get 1. a little yay for my little from someone besides me and 2. reassurance that being excited for her and her little accomplishments is normal and I am not crazy lol. My daughters class has being focusing almost solely on conditioning for about a month now, and today they started working on some skills which was exciting for dd. Well she hopped right up on the bar on did a pullover without any help which she has never really been able to do without quite a bit of help even a little over a month ago and now has her right and left splits. She also did a back handspring with a spot of course but almost all herself for the first time today (This of course was what she was the most excited about).

Congrats to your daughter! We all understand that these are big steps for her. A parent is the biggest cheerleader and supporter a gymnast can have.

Congrats! Those small things are the building blocks of the sport, so they are great accomplishments. I was just saying in another post that I vividly remember the day my daughter got her kip and even her pullover (which was also in a class). Just make sure your little one knows how proud you are - it means the most for many reasons beyond the gym.

Woot! Congrats to her, such a big accomplishment! I always get super excited when the girls get a new skill, then come home and share with my dh, and he really just doesn't get it lol.

Congrats!!!!
and yes, very normal!!!
I've come to find out that nobody "gets" these accomplishments quite like other gym moms :)

Congrats to her!
I'm just as happy to watch my youngest perfecting a round off as watching my oldest perfecting her front tuck.
These little ones work so hard!

Thank you guys glad I am not crazy because that is the vibe I was getting from family and friends lol. The conditioning definitely paid off I can't believe how much stronger she is in just a months time.

I love when they get new skills. I get all excited too. My dd is trying to get skills to move up to level 3 so she keeps telling me all the level 3 stuff they've worked on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back