Level 3 Coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SXS524

Coach
Gymnast
So I recently passed my level 2 coaching exam and am now considering whether to do level 3 women's artistic. However I'm slightly confused as to how it works as it seems to be different from level 2 in that there are technical modules as well as a generic level 3 course?I was wondering if there was any coaches out there who could explain how exactly it works? I read somewhere that you can do the technical modules first and then do the generic course? Is this correct? Also do you have to do the generic course within a certain time period of doing the technical modules? The technical modules seem to be much cheaper than the generic course so I'm tempted to do a few of the modules but not sure when I'd be able able to afford the generic course as its so expensive!!
Also any coaches who have done the modules and or the generic course- how did you find it? Looks like a massive step up from level 2!!

no help re course, but it seems to me in this, and other sports its the level of qualification when you are "on your own" per se and in charge of other coaches hence the big step up - but yeah go you !

Thanks Margo :) as level 2 I'm allowed to be the only coach in the building and be in charge of level 1 coaches but yes level 3 is an even bigger step up as I think you're then allowed to set up your own club :eek:

You can set up your own club as a level 2. The difference is the moves you are allowed to teach and therefore the competitions you can enter and walk a kid round

I know that for level 3 in trampoline (and the whole move to UKCC was to make them all the same, so I assume it's the same for WAG!) you have to do the modules first, in order, and each one qualifies you to teach the moves covered in the module, so once you've done module 1, you're a level 3 module 1 coach, and once you done 1&2 you're a level 3 module 2 etc.

The modules aren't very expensive but the generic course is SUPER expensive and that's how you will be called just a level 3, not level 3 module something. I'm told that only 2 people in the country have completed the trampoline version of the new UKCC level 3 since it came out, but LOADS of people have done the modules.

I would get on the modules, and then sniff around for funding for the generic level 3.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back