Parents Pa or NJ gyms recommendations??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is sort of at a stand still with learning anything new at her gym?? I'm spending a lot of money without new skills?? Looking to change gyms but am so nervous to mover her? Looking for a clean, fun and competitive gym in or near Philadelphia or South Jersey. We live in the suburbs of Philadelphia? Thanks for any advice and/or recommendations

Usag website has a place to search for gyms in your area then you can check those gyms out to see if they would be a good fit for your daughter :). I'm in central Nj but am familiar with some south gyms so if there is one you want more info about just pm me.

How long has she been at a "stand-still"? Just from reading here, and watching my DD and niece over the last couple years, it seems this can happen at times. Sometimes gymnastics can be, for lack of a better word, boring. The last new skill my little one perfected was her BHC, and that was months ago. She's had a round-off for a long time, now it's just getting the bounce at the end, to go into a BHS. But sometimes things can slow down some, but it doesn't mean they aren't learning and growing. I'm not saying you should keep her there by any means, but if that's the only reason, switching to a new gym won't guarantee faster results. :) Good luck!

Last edited:
ENA/Zappa & Wojciuk or Northstars & Gamen & now Leonard Isaacs from Illinois. both great gyms with great coaches.:)

Whereabouts in PA suburbs and how far are you willing to drive? I'm sure you know this, PA is a big state, we live outside of Philly and are a good 5-6 hours from some parts of Western PA. Doable drive to some parts of NJ if you are willing to deal with traffic
My daughter is sort of at a stand still with learning anything new at her gym?? I'm spending a lot of money without new skills?? Looking to change gyms but am so nervous to mover her? Looking for a clean, fun and competitive gym in or near Philadelphia or South Jersey. We live in the suburbs of Philadelphia? Thanks for any advice and/or recommendations

ENA/Zappa & Wojciuk or Northstars & Gamen & now Leonard Isaacs from Illinois. both great gyms with great coaches.:)

These are both strong programs with great reputations, however, they are both in North Jersey.

I believe that Zappa has opened a new gym in South Jersey, but I don't know a lot about it and I'm not sure who is even coaching there. Could be worth checking out, though. It's in May's Landing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back