WAG So proud of both of my DDs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

2G1B

Proud Parent
I have 3 kids in gymnastics - boy/girl twins who are almost 9 and their little sister who is about to turn 7. DS just finished his 2nd year competing as a level 4 and is going to do 5 next year. His twin sister competed this year as AAU 3 and little sister as AAU2. It was both girls first year competing (little sister didn't even start on training team until April, then moved to team at the end of the summer). Our gym is swapping to USAG for the lower levels this year and the girls are hoping to be new level 2 and 3 this year.

Both of my girls really, really struggled on bars at the start of the year. Older DD "got it" just before competitions started; but younger DD actually scratched on bars at her first 3 meets. Then the day before a competition, she suddenly "got it". That was about 2 months ago.

Older DD now has a pretty decent mill circle (straight legs and all). :)

Younger DD tried her first shoot through last night and got it on her second try. She is now doing them with no problems. Last week she got the squat on/sole circle dismount (it actually looks better than her level 2 dismount now :p).

they both now consistently place on bars. In fact, it tends to be their best event and is definitely both of their favorite. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back