Parents Soooooo nervous!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gothgymmom

Proud Parent
OMG, L3 states is coming up soo fast and I am getting more and more nervous! This is DD's first time at states, and I think I'm more nervous than her! I keep asking her if she wants me to go since it seems like she does better when I'm not there, and she tells me she wants me to be there. I don't show my nervousness around her, and I try not to talk about states at all to her. Im in region 7. Are there any other parents of 1st time state gymnasts as nervous as I am?

We're region 7 but state isn't until May here. We just kind of treat it like any other meet. The girls have had all season to prepare and we celebrate afterwords. Good luck to your dd

Thank you! ours in in March. I will try to treat it as any other meet lol, gonna be hard but I'll try. She was so excited she even qualified, and she has only ever made over a 34 once in the 3 yrs of competing. And the day she qualified, I had to work so I wasnt there lol. Thats why I asked her if she wants me there.

This is DD's first time at states, and I think I'm more nervous than her! I keep asking her if she wants me to go since it seems like she does better when I'm not there, and she tells me she wants me to be there. I don't show my nervousness around her, and I try not to talk about states at all to her.

How exciting for her!

So you keep asking her or you don't talk about states around her? I'm confused. Stop asking, it will make her nervous.

I totally understand being nervous for our kids, I definitely feel that. All we can do is watch adn we want them to have a good outcome.

I asked her like 1-2 times about if she wanted me to be there, but thats all I said about states. I keep everything else away from her....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back