MAG start value question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Thanks! That is what I was missing. All I had was what I posted before. That will make it easier to explain to the boys who were wondering. I do wonder why our coach didn't know this though...

Me too. I have mentioned a couple of things the past 2 years, that he comes back a few weeks later to say that we are "going to do it this way". I mean, I feel for him. He is having to learn 7 levels X 6 routines all new...all him (we ahve one coach). So it is no wonder tha the might miss a few things.

I'd describe virtuosity as a performance that could only be surpassed in your dreams. It's a quality that causes heads to turn to watch simple skills done as never (or seldom) seen before. That's probably not the standard used in mag level 7 competition, so figure it should appear as a display of mastery uncommon to L7.

No problem! There are a few things I've read in the manual that I wonder whether our coach knows, but I don't say anything lest I out myself as a crazy gym mom.

I have actually made the coach aware of some things, like the updates that keep coming out on the usagym site---I swear I am not a CGM

I get the whole virtuosity thing in compulsories for everything but vault, because the code specifies where those tenths lie (and if I don't know the code, I can just ask my little gym nerd). But vault on the guys' side remains pretty mysterious to me, and seems at least from my perspective to be the most inconsistently judged event. I will say that our guys are scoring better this year now that they are running faster, but usually if my kid basically does the same thing on other events at different meets, the scores aren't going to vary by half a point (unless there's a clear judgment call about a bonus). The weirder thing is that the ordinals seem to shift around more too. But maybe our guys are just really inconsistent on this event!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back