Off Topic Storms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LOL!!! Can you sneak some boots into his suitcase when he isn't looking? I'm sure once he realises that it really does snow that much in New York and that people actually do dress for the weather in the US (goose bumps in an Australian summer remembering all those teens in the UK in their skimpy dresses in the middle of winter) hopefully he'll put them on!

When I visited Tokyo it was snowing. Many of the school girls dressed just like the stereotype...short skirt, thin white blouse, and maybe some high socks. It is not just your teen, many teens make stupid choices :rolleyes:

My little town was at the 'top of the heap', so to speak, in the NE. We got 40 inches... luckily we did not have a meet that weekend and the only practice we missed was the Saturday one. I live on a side street, so we were practically the last ones to be plowed. I hope everyone in the storm's path got out of their homes safely! :)

We got so much snow that I haven't been back to school yet and we don't have it until Thursday at earliest. Our mayor called in the national guard to help dispose of the snow cause there's nowhere to put it...lol and of course instead of doing my homewrok I'm sitting here on CB:p

We got so much snow that I haven't been back to school yet and we don't have it until Thursday at earliest. Our mayor called in the national guard to help dispose of the snow cause there's nowhere to put it...lol and of course instead of doing my homewrok I'm sitting here on CB:p

Haha, I'm in the same boat

Well I managed to convince my son to take leather hi-tops and warm socks as a compromise. Insisted he pack hat and gloves and a couple of thermal tops.

So he's texted me to say that it's way warmer in New York at the moment than here, (unfortunately the weather news would seem to back that up) he didn't even need a coat and ended up carrying it around on their walking tour and I was making too much fuss.

There'll be no living that one down... although he did text me a virtual hug and thank me for caring!

Yes there were a few days in the 50's for the north east of the USA but its really BRRRRRRRRR now!! He will be glad he has those warm clothes today that's for sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back