Parents Taking breaks after meets are done

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's a long time until August. You might take a long weekend or two before then.

It's a long time until August. You might take a long weekend or two before then.

we do go away for a week the end of july every summer and they get a few days off around july 4th. so taking camp week off is an extra week off for her that she doesn't normally have.

our trip to CA is an "extra" vacation that we wouldn't normally take but i have a disney credit card with around $1500 in disney dollars that will start expiring soon = a trip to disney and we decided CA since we've been to FL a few times. i've been saving up for this trip for years. which is pretty much how you have to do these big trips if you've got a competitive gymnast (and another who is a competitive dancer). :p

Sounds fun! Have a great time! I love Disney. They will remember the trip forever.

We let our DD take a few days off (up to a week)after her last meet of the season. Our gym slows things down post-season until summer training and works on basics and the end of the year show. Attendance seems to slip at this time as kids are busy with end of the school year activities. The gym also closes the last 2 weeks of August so everyone can get a break and get settled into back to school mode before fall schedule starts. It has been nice. It helps with burnout and just physical wear and tear.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back