Voluntaries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know of 1 girl a few years ago in dd's region who also did giants for voluntary level 5 and cast handstands. On floor she did a full twist and also a planche on beam. She was really talented and went on get in the GB development squad for level 4 but then I think she must of got injured because haven't seen her in any competition results for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other girls in daughters age group do but I really didn't expect any not to be doing flics on beam or at least roundoff flic tucks on floor so maybe some regions have more restrictions than others.

Thanks for the info. I was aware that you could only do a certain number of leaps, skills etc. I just didnt think it mattered on the difficulty of the skills that you choose to include as i know in voluntaries the start values always vary for each gymnast.

I know of 1 girl a few years ago in dd's region who also did giants for voluntary level 5 and cast handstands. On floor she did a full twist and also a planche on beam. She was really talented and went on get in the GB development squad for level 4 but then I think she must of got injured because haven't seen her in any competition results for a while. .

Ooh I'm wondering if I know who you mean. The one I'm thinking of did some level 3 I think, had a few club changes and seems to have not competed level 2 this year.

I've seen YouTube video's of Rochelle Douglas' gymnasts doing tsuks at level 4, but I think that was pre- regulation of difficulty in voluntaries.

Oh who, who, who?? Does it matter if we know who she is, you're only giving a name from a past competition who did a certain skill... No judgement or horrible comments. It's only like saying Catherine Lyons does that fabulous spin on beam with her foot improbably pressed against her nose, statement of fact.

I think i know of the gymnast chocolate mentioned as ive seen her youtube vids for voluntary level 5. Im not sure why she hasnt been competing recently. I think she was very talented and dd has watched her vids a few times

Ooh I'm wondering if I know who you mean. The one I'm thinking of did some level 3 I think, had a few club changes and seems to have not competed level 2 this year.

I think you are thinking of the same person.I know she was on the running order for level 2 this year but then didn't compete so I assumed she must be injured.

No you're right vbbf, although there are some barred elements. I just meant that at each level, after the coded requirements, putting in additional difficult moves opens the way for deductions without actually gaining extra marks, so it's a risky strategy.
I guess all clubs have their own ways of working. Ours are very definite in their views. There's no discussing things with our head coach. She makes the decisions and if you're really lucky, you might get to find out about them in advance of the actual event...

Now people, you are just being obtuse and forming a little gang of people in the know...it's exclusive and probably not allowed in some regional rules somewhere. You have to tell me who!

Rebekah Bell. According to her twitter she now seems to be doing track and field.

Erifilly was also doing some crazy difficulty at level 5/4, I haven't seen her on competition lists either..

I try and rein in my love of discussing up-and-comers, these are 10 and 11 year old kids really, I'm not sure how I'd feel if it were my dd being discussed by strangers. But then in both cases her parents have put up YouTube videos etc...

I was thinking of poppy fletcher. I think her planches on beam were amazing. She has youtube videos of her level 5 routines.

Erifilly is doing DMT and doing very well I think . She is still posting lots of videos.

I thought for a brief moment about searching youtube for level 5 gymnastics, but there are hundreds and hundreds of routines on there and after the first one or two I would give up!

Thanks Faith. I can't see anything wrong with us discussing how good Rebekah Bell looks in her youtube videos on a gymnastics forum. I honestly think, if I was her parent and had posted them, I'd be happy and proud that people were referring to her and saying nice things. I'd feel uncomfortable if it were to poke fun or say negative things.

I couldn't see anything from level 5 from her, but I got very excited when I saw her level 4 floor, because that shoulder roll is what dd is doing. Honestly, I thought it was a weird idea when the coach put it in. I'd never really seen one, but I can show dd tomorrow how good it could look and she'll love it. I'm happy to have seen that.

The level 4 skills are exactly what I expecting. It's the inclusion of those sorts of skills at level 5 our club doesn't do. DD needs to sort her acro series and cast handstand, which has come and gone a bit, but IF she were to make nationals (which I agree looks pretty unlikely now), there's another two months to work on them. She doesn't execute them as beautifully as Rebekah though. How poised is she?! There are a couple of girls in dd's group who they have high hopes for making national squad, fingers crossed for them.

DD loves Erifilly. She's a big fan. I believe she is still training artistic and has also taken up dmt and made the national finals for that this year. Very talented young lady!

It's funny watching videos from 2010. That's was months before dd first stepped into a gym, so I guess it's not surprising I wasn't really following anyone then. I knew nothing. Absolutely nothing. And dd couldn't even cartwheel. Reminds me what a mad 18 months it's been. Just ridiculous. I need to sleep!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back