Do people who do sports other than gym ever bug you??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Actually I went to UCA cheer camp, and our jumps classes were a really good workout. They were up to 2 hours of just practicing jumps on a hardwood floor, so I could see where something like that would be hard if it was anything similar. We did toe touches, hurkies, hurdlers, pike jumps, and double 9s. It was a pretty challenging and demanding thing to do, but it was worth it because I ended up All-American because of my jumps. So don't be so quick to judge; if they worked on toe touches for any extended period of time, it really may have been tiring.

I know that there are a lot of cheerleaders that do really hard stuff and work really hard, but I've watched the cheerleaders at my school practice and what they do isn't that hard. They just complain a lot and they don't ever do any sort of conditioning or anything.

What annoys me most about people that don't do gymnastics is when they say how they are "so busy" and they didn't have a chance to do their homework. I'm in middle school and I practice from 4:30 to 8:00 and I get home at 8:30 which doesn't leave me much time for homework, and the people that say that their busy aren't even doing sports right now!

What annoys me most about people that don't do gymnastics is when they say how they are "so busy" and they didn't have a chance to do their homework. I'm in middle school and I practice from 4:30 to 8:00 and I get home at 8:30 which doesn't leave me much time for homework, and the people that say that their busy aren't even doing sports right now!

Now that I can somewhat agree to. My sister will say she's "too busy" yet she has no job, no current sport...what is she bsuy doing you may ask? Texting, facebooking. Newsflash: That doesn't trump homework. Those things are so beyond neccessary.

Sometimes it does annoy me. My friend who quit gymnasticss just joined the soccer team, and thinks it's so much easier compared to gymnastics. The other girls however, were like, "We had to do 10 pushups yesterday! Without stopping! We had to run so much and then we had to do MORE conditioning! You're lucks you're in an easy sport. All you have to do is cartwheel around. Gymnastics is for girly girls who can't take pain." I REALLY had to resist the urge to slap them. However, at P.E, when I did like 15 pullups compared to their 1 or 2 (if strong) they were astonished, and when I told them it was gymnastics, they all said, "Ha! I was in gymnastics and I quit becaause it was SO easy. The only thing hard is a roundoff. " Grrr....I wish people would see that it takes strength, flexibility, bravery, dedication and so much more to pull off what you see at a competition.

My daughter trains level 8 gymnastics (12hrs a week, 20 in the summer) and plays on the school volleyball team. Believe it or not she was very sore after volleyball tryouts. They work hard too!! Gymnastics is a very different and more difficult sport than all others. Be proud of what you do, but it can't really be compared to anything else.

My daughter trains level 8 gymnastics (12hrs a week, 20 in the summer) and plays on the school volleyball team. Believe it or not she was very sore after volleyball tryouts. They work hard too!! Gymnastics is a very different and more difficult sport than all others. Be proud of what you do, but it can't really be compared to anything else.

That's a great way to put it! I just started running cross country this year (freshman in college) and yeah, I'm athletic from years as a gymnast(I do track too, but field events-pole vault, long jump, triple jump). But you can bet our workout days are really really hard for me; mile repeats, 800m repeats straight up hill. After the first week of practice, my coach asked me how everything was and I said "different"Because it's true-different is the only way to describe going from consecutive standing back pikes, pullups, and handstands to running for as long as 2 hours. It's just plain different!

I know this might sound kinda mean, but cheerleaders are wannabe gymmasts, like I do think it would be kinda hard,but it would be a great jumpstart for gym, but i would compare cheer to like that real dance stuff with tumbling, almost like single cheer or floor but you know anyone can join cheer. Like do people who are lile 10 get yelled at sometimes even hit by their coaches in cheer? No. That answers your question gymnastics os harder and much more strict then cheer.

haha! my friends used to be the same with me so i made them come to an adult class run at my gym they showed up to the school the next day and could hardly move saying it was the hardest session they had ever done :D they never gave me any more trouble :p

I was in gym yesterday with 2 varsity cheerleaders. 1 freshman and 1 sophmore. the were practicing cheers and jumps and under my breath i said well try tumbling. someone sitting next to me goes "can you do a backhandspring??" i say yup. they say do it! so i roundoff backhandspring and everyone is like awesome! then a few of the guys turned (later that period) asked the one girl if she could do a flip and she says no but Tess can and points to me. made my day! and we do this "pushup pacer test" and my gym teacher pulls me and another boy (wrestler) aside during so she can wathch ours cuz she thought we would break the records we both did end up breaking them too! (well actually I tied)

I dont necessarily have a problem with cheerleading, it's when the cheer leaders have attitudes towards friends, coaches, teammates, etc that bothers me. However, those kinds of people are probably in every sport (I'd think).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back