Parents Does anyone use Captain U?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Traci

Proud Parent
It is supposedly a recruiting tool used by coaches and athletes? It isn't free so therefore I thought I would ask... Thank you!

I just went through the registration process because I was curious and it wants you to select the colleges your athlete is interested in and then it generates an email to send to those coaches. I stopped at that part because we're not ready to start contacting coaches. It wouldn't let me go any further since I wouldn't hit "send email".

It only asked what sport the athlete did and what events- no other details or photos or videos or anything. Not even what level. So, I'm not convinced it would be helpful for coaches to actually find a kid.

I wouldn't pay for any recruiting service...both my girls were recruited, both were offered full rides, no service used. Your coach should be able to help you with what the recruiting service is offering, and you are already paying for that.

I wouldn't pay for any recruiting service...both my girls were recruited, both were offered full rides, no service used. Your coach should be able to help you with what the recruiting service is offering, and you are already paying for that.

Mind me asking - what was the process like for you and your two girls? What age did it all happen?

Mind me asking - what was the process like for you and your two girls? What age did it all happen?

It was sooooo stressful and awful. I hated every minute of it. It felt like I was pimping my kid. My oldest, who had more of a gym pedigree , was verballed in spring of her Jr year of high school (2010), and my youngest was verballed the summer before her sophomore year of high school (2013)....and that was more of a reflection of how NCAA was behaving in getting kids committed earlier.

My oldest went on to compete 4 years of NCAA D1 gymnastics and is now done with the sport. Her time at college was THE most stressful time of our lives and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Safe to say, I'm glad it's over. My youngest tore her ACL in her Jr year of HS. Her original college was going to honor the scholarship to her but she felt her knee was never the same and she relinquished it before signing her NLI in her Sr year (right after we returned from her official visit!) . She decided to attend a different school and now is a D1 diver for them and happy as a clam...her experience with diving in college has been night and day from her sister's experience with college gym, in a positive way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back