Great practice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tonight I had an awesome practice! I FINALLY got my cast handstand all the way up...three days after states!:rolleyes: Oh well, I'll have it for next year! And I'm getting close to my giant on pit bar!
So I was just wondering...how would you define a 'good practice' for yourself?:cool:

That sounds awesome!!! A GREAT practice for me is when i go for everything, or am not scared to do anything. Or if my coaches tell me i did a good job!! :)

A good practice is when I make a new skill or perform a routine really well, or suddenly a skill that was "uh...okay" before suddenly clicks and I can do it well. Also, if I get along well with some teammates that I sometimes have trouble with, and if I don't get upset about things that might have upsetted me, and if I'm scared to do something but I go for it anyway.

Once I was really proud because I did a drill for a BHS back when I was terrified of backwards anything, and I landed on my face (on a squishy mat). Twice. But I was proud because I didn't hem or haw or ask for a spot five billion times before trying the drill, and when I landed on my face I didn't cry, even though it hurt, and even though I was scared, but I just went for it again. My BHS got better after the first two!

A good practice for me is simply one where I go home with a smile on my face. :)

Tonight I had an awesome practice! I FINALLY got my cast handstand all the way up...three days after states!:rolleyes: Oh well, I'll have it for next year! And I'm getting close to my giant on pit bar!
So I was just wondering...how would you define a 'good practice' for yourself?:cool:

congrats!! i have my giants, and they are really easy once you get them!!but i can't make that cast hs!!!!! :( im trying real hard but i cant seem to get it!!

a good practice for me would be one where no drama occurs at my gym and we all get along and i make my skills:)

Good Practice: For me doing something new or improving
Example: Today, I did my back tuck with 3 8-inchers under the beam, new skill! I did my giants on the pit bar with a bungee and I didn't hit it the often, improvement.

Not So Good Practice: For me not having any energy what-so-ever or having to back track on skills (but this also depends...)
Example: Saturdays, I have very little energy on Saturdays so some aren't so good...

Mostly everyday is pretty good, as long as I have fun I'm happy :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back