WAG level 2 question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sce

Proud Parent
A coach mentioned today that she thought you could not switch certain parts of the routines for level 2 from right to left or vice versa. She said that only certian skills could switch. Is this true?

You either have to do the entire routine on the opposite side (i.e. any time the book says "left" you do "right"), OR there are a few specific elements that can be reversed for kids who do certain skills on their "opposite" side.

I think this coach believes that you can not switch the entire routine, just those certain skills.

We have level 2s at our gym who do both right and left. The HC simply splits them into groups--righties versus lefties--and teaches them accordingly. While the rightie group is working with the coach, the leftie group is working on specific skills or sections of the routine. They are both being supervised by the HC, but she is only focusing on one group at a time. I don't know if this is her particular teaching style or if it's because our level 2s are so young (5-7 years old).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back